What's new

Smoothest DE Razor?

Right now I have 2 favorites: Feather AS and the PIL$ 202 NE. Smoothest and closest by a mile for me!

Fred

Right now I have 2 favorites: Feather AS and the PIL$ 101 NE. By far the closest and smoothest for me!

a week ago I give the EJ89 the nod without hesitation, but now that I own a Futur, im putting this up there with it. My goodness, with a feather blade, this thing is SMOOTH!

I "thought" I was getting BBS shaves with my EJ DE89 then I tried a Gillette Slim Adjustable... WOW! This razor is amazing and improved my shaves dramatically. I have also used a Merkur, a Gillette Superspeed, an iKon and a few others and nothing has compared to the Adjustable.

I wish someone would have recommended this razor to me as a newbie because its a great razor to "grow into" to. You can set it as mild while you are still learning and more aggressive later on when you know what you are doing. Its like having 5 razors in one!

//Eric

Wow, I also thought the EJ DE89-L was the smoothest one yet, and then i kept reading on here on how smooth the slim was and how so many preferred it over the FatBoy , And boy i must say they were Right, that slim is Super Slick on Setting #5 With a Feather. BBS Every Single time with no Irritation and i do have Sensitive Skin. Its Weird if i go below a Five it doesn't preform as well, So some of these adjustable work better in Higher settings from what i am Experiencing. I am so Amazed at the Slim Adjustable, I never Imaged it could be this smooth. I have Over 50 Razor's and This slim is at the top of my list as of now.

The Futur is miles ahead of my other razors, waiting to see if the incoming Mergress can take it's spot

I don't think I saw anyone suggest a Muhle. Is there no love for them?

The current-production Mühle R41 open comb with a Timor is almost like not shaving. (That smooth, I mean.)

The current R41 is a really nice shaver though I would replace the Timor for a Souplex or Lord SS right away. Other contenders are the R89 (post '09 by Mühle), the Gladweg and the Lord LP1822. Smoothest of them all depends on the blade soap and prep as well but it would be either the Lord or the Gladweg.

Lately my '52 Steel Black Tip, 40's style SS has been knocking me out...Not supposed to feel this smooth 12 hours later...:D

Top Bottom