What's new

went on a Razor buying rampage.

I have the RAD bug and some money burning in a hole in my pocket, sooooo.....

Here's what I bought:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Very nice! What is the top one? I've seen it before but it's identity escapes me at the moment.:blushing:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I think the Goodfella is a beautiful razor. Please let us know how it shaves.

The truth is, I had no idea about the goodfella, the 43C, or the Bakelite until 2 days ago.

I became complacent just using the same 38R Sledgehammer every single day. For some odd reason, the RAD bug bit me, and I found some new gear I HAD to try. Plus, I've always wanted the 1904.

The 43C is a great shaver and the Bakelite is a fun razor to have and I bet you'll love it. Congrats on your lil buying rampage, we all owe it to ourselves now and again.

The three Merkurs are in my office right now.

The Bakelite is lighter than I could have imagined.

The 43C Stainless is staggeringly heavy. It is considerably heavier than the 38C to which I am so accustomed.

The 1904 looks different. I'm wondering if there's nickel or something in the plating. It is shinier, and less gray. Heavier than I expected too.

I'll start shaving with one of them tomorrow. Probably the bakelite.

Partial quick, initial review:

Bakelite: I don't know if I am going to be able to do this. I felt like I was trying to hit a fastball with an imaginary bouquet of flowers. I couldn't tell if I was cutting anything or slashing at my skin. The feel is very similar to a disposable. I did about 1/3 of a pass, and couldn't do any more.

43C stainless: HOLY MOLY! This thing shaves itself. The angle felt right. The heft felt right. It's like gravity did the work. I'm excited about this one. I wouldn't be surprised if this became my "goto" razor.

1904: ****Tomorrow****

Goodfella: ****In Transit****

Top Bottom