What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Stirling makes phenomenal bar soaps as well -- it's another good way to try out more of their scent offerings and figure out what you like.

I find their scents run the gamut from adventurous/polarizing to fairly safe, depending on what you pick up, but it's usually pretty clear which of these camps you're getting at the extremes. Some, like Electric Sheep (which I happen to love) or Texas on Fire, may not be for everyone. Others (e.g. Sandalwood or Barbershop) are much more straightforward and unlikely to offend. A few of my personal favourites: Rosemary Mint, Sandpiper, Arkadia, and Vanilla Sandalwood.
I love their bath soaps too. I buy them in a large quantity and give them as gifts. It’s a good way to introduce people to the brand.

Sept Stirling Mon 20 SOTD
Soap Stirling Evie (That's the last of all my Stirling samples used - total 14)
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
This is a surprisingly pleasant scented soap with good strength too. As with most Stirling, the lather is just impeccable...creamy and slick for the job! Aftershaves were icy and just great.
20210920_105414.jpg

I wanted to write about an interesting experience I had the other day. I have five brushes that I use regularly. A midgrade badger from Amazon, a very soft no-name vintage boar, a slightly scritchier Everyready 150 boar, a synthetic from Maggard that I set with a pretty low loft, and an old horsehair Rubberset. Now I love the way the horsehair feels, it is very soft, but of course it lacks backbone so I pretty much only use it with creams, which isn't very often. The badger and the two boars perform pretty similarly to each other, while the synthetic tends to over-aerate the soap unless I face lather (90% of the time I bowl lather).

The other day I decided, what the heck, I'm going to try the horse brush in my Stirling Sandpiper. I did more or less a Marco method, very wet brush loaded directly off the puck, and about two teaspoons of water in the bowl to start. I had to grip the bristles with my thumb and forefinger to get it to load at all, and I think it loaded about half the amount of soap I usually get.

But here's the interesting part. The lather that I did make had almost no air. Very slick and creamy and dense. I even tried to over-whip it but it just wouldn't. The downside was that I barely had enough for my third pass, but the upside was that it was very, very smooth and slick, even by Stirling standards (but not runny). It reminded me a lot of Cremo with a little water added, but it performed better.

I don't think I would use this combo every day, but I think I'm going to experiment with it more.

20210919_110700.jpg

I just received an order of sample splashes. Great scents and performance so far. I skipped on the soaps as I won’t soon be through what I have but now I have some regret.

Just curious what everyone’s thoughts are on Stirling shave soap. I don’t know anything about it, but I saw it in someone’s picture and the label said it had tallow in it. Is this stuff the real deal or just a wanna be? Curious minds want to know.
Haven't used the sheep tallow but the regular ones are great value, easy to lather, you can but their 1oz samples and enjoy all the scents.
Very good value and a good soap to use!

I posted a similar message for Fine Accoutrement aftershaves.

As usual I’m asking for your personal favorites. Are you a user of Stirling aftershaves? Have you used several of their aftershaves? What is your favorite scent?

They have samples :)
I got 5 samples forgot which ones now :)

I like the barbershop could not stand ben franklin ? But others are opposite
I did have issues with a few of them burning my skin and had super red irritated skin ?
Also got a couple of the witch hazel ones which again is personal but could not stand them ? Like blades that some love some do not and depends on razor I am not bashing these just did not work for me :)

I do have fine American and Platinum (did not see your other thread) both last well and like them as a option to my nivea balm and my fav old spice :)
want to get some floyd and a few others one day

but yeah get some samples I reckon is your best bet

Sept Stirling Wed 22
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + TGS Orange Empire
Excellent performance from this soap as usual. Nice fizzy cooling orangy scent with creamy and slick lather!
Awesome aftershaves as well!
20210922_103259.jpg

I posted a similar message for Fine Accoutrement aftershaves.

As usual I’m asking for your personal favorites. Are you a user of Stirling aftershaves? Have you used several of their aftershaves? What is your favorite scent?
Tried 4 Iced pineapple, orange chill, strawberry lemonade and sandpiper. They were all good, but sandpiper was easily my favorite.

Last edited:
Have yet to try a Stirling soap. I was wondering, do people with skin sensitivities tend to stick with the ones that only contain essential oils instead of fragrance oil?

Top Bottom