What's new

WTB Gillette RFB No44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening all,

I’m looking to purchase a vintage British Gillette Raised Flat Bottom (RFB) 3 piece No44 razor. I’m looking for one at a reasonable price in user or good condition. I’m only interested in the razor and not as concerned about acquiring the complete set (razor and box) as I’ll be using it as a daily shaver.

Thanks so much for looking Gents!

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Good evening all,

I’m looking to purchase a vintage British Gillette Raised Flat Bottom (RFB) 3 piece No44 razor. I’m looking for one at a reasonable price in user or good condition. I’m only interested in the razor and not as concerned about acquiring the complete set (razor and box) as I’ll be using it as a daily shaver.

Thanks so much for looking Gents!

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Great razor. Somewhat hard to find. Dont overlook the 2 piece #77 and #88 razors. In my opinion they shave even better than the #44 3 piece. In the true B&B fashion, you may end up with both of them, or all three sets. :cool: Good luck with the hunt.

Great razor. Somewhat hard to find. Dont overlook the 2 piece #77 and #88 razors. In my opinion they shave even better than the #44 3 piece. In the true B&B fashion, you may end up with both of them, or all three sets. :cool: Good luck with the hunt.
Thank you for your insight. Hopefully I will enjoy the RFB. I will probably end up in ‘true B&B fashion’.

I have both, of course. I think I like the lightness and balance of the 44 slightly better than the 77, but the 77 mechanically is quite a nice piece of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I'm waiting for my #44 to arrive these days and I do hope that all the talk about them is true and not just myths and legends. I will compared it to my NEW LC to see if it's better or if there's any difference at all.

I suggest you to keep an eye on the UK Ebay and if you have a friend from UK to buy it for you would be much better, since many sellers don't sell goods outside the UK or EU in general. Imo, the RFB isn't that rare or hard to find at all just like a few other razors and I don't know where people come up with these stories, myths and legends, but when they are spread like a wild fire the prices start to go up for no reason at all.

I suggest you to keep an eye on the UK Ebay and if you have a friend from UK to buy it for you would be much better, since many sellers don't sell goods outside the UK or EU in general. Imo, the RFB isn't that rare or hard to find at all just like a few other razors and I don't know where people come up with these stories, myths and legends, but when they are spread like a wild fire the prices start to go up for no reason at all.
Thanks so much, I have been looking at Uk and Canada EBay site to no avail thus far, there were a few in December available but got sold quickly.

I got my #77 off eBay uk...it was NOS and still sealed in the original cellophane wrapper.
The elements had still permeated through and created a little discolouration but overall the thing
was gleaming...here is the ad I used to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom