What's new

1937 Gillette Sheraton

How does this one shave? The OC has me wary. I like mild to slightly mid-aggressive. I love my Super speed and Aristocrat just to give you an idea of my likes.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
How does this one shave? The OC has me wary. I like mild to slightly mid-aggressive. I love my Super speed and Aristocrat just to give you an idea of my likes.
The fact that a razor is open comb has little or no bearing on the aggression of the razor in my opinion, some open comb razors are very mild indeed.

I LOVE mild razors - I have 9 Techs. I love Super Speeds. I leave my Rockwell set on R3.

I also have a replated Sheraton and LOVE it. As @Hannah's Dad said it is so smooth. I've got more invested in it than most of my razors because it was replated and I bought a case separately and I'm constantly toying with the idea of selling it to recoup some of my funds - but then I shave with it and think "Nah, I can't sell this!"

I also want an Aristocrat at some point!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20210215_145808013.jpg
    PXL_20210215_145808013.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 47
I've never tried a Sheraton or Senator. However, I have tried 2 open comb British Aristocrats (1936 and 1938). At first I thought they'd be quite aggressive (based their acclaimed efficiency and on their scary looks!), but I found the opposite to be true. Efficient - yes for a vintage Gillette, aggressive - no.

Top Bottom