What's new

Did you regret selling your first DE Razor?

My first DE razor was an undated Schick Krona with a silver TTO knob. I still have it and have no intention of selling it. However, it rarely gets used these days as my Gillette SS and Zeva 3 piece give superior shaves, IMO.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I don't regret disposing of my first DE razor, a Gillette Slim. What I do regret was not first starting to shave with a straight razor. I've missed out on decades of morning enjoyment.

The only thing that I really regret was losing the straight that I got from my good teenage friend, who said "it was my grandfather's" in the 1970s. It was probably pre WW2.

It was lost in the inevitable house moves that ensued.

Anyway, if anyone knows about any straights that were called "Beehive", or had some decoration relating to bees, that was the one we had, and it was Made in Sheffield.

I only (partially) regret selling one of the around 50-60 ones that has come and gone again. The Barbasol Floating Head. I got it early in my DE journey and found it too aggressive, but maybe my technique was just not up to snuff back then?

Still, doesn’t keep me awake at night, I could simply get another if I really wanted to try it again...

No, my only true regrets are with quite a few razors I could have bought but didn’t...:crying:

samhain666, that is unfortunate. I would have taken that plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic in a heartbeat (and still will if someone wants to PiF it to me) they are fantastic first razors and great for women to use.

I am glad I kept mine, my 14 year old son is learning on it and it will be my wife's once she is done her cart supply.

Mom's dad's Old Type. Got it, will give it to my nephew who is his namesake. My eldest had my second DE, Merkur 36 slant. It disappeared from his office at work during a remodel. Now they come and go, I don't really track them.

Reactions: bjm
samhain666, that is unfortunate. I would have taken that plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic in a heartbeat (and still will if someone wants to PiF it to me) they are fantastic first razors and great for women to use.

I am glad I kept mine, my 14 year old son is learning on it and it will be my wife's once she is done her cart supply.

Isn't that razor widely availabe? My country isn't big on wet shaving but we have them in every medium sized supermarket

My first DE was a cheapie from Sally Beauty Supllies. I suspect it was a Weishi. So no, I don't have any regrets.

The only DE I regret selling (trading) is a Wolfman WR1 with a UFO Colibri handle. I use straights and wanted another one. Since I rarely used the Wolfman, I traded it. I would like to acquire another Wolfman, but the prices are crazy. Too high for occasional use.

FWIW, I no longer have the straight razor I acquired in the Wolfman trade. I regret selling that one too.

My first DE Razor is too mild for by beard type so Im planning selling it as soon as I receive my orders. Was wondering if I should keep it as a kind of souvenir or sell it. Did you regret selling your first DE many years later?
I still have the first DE Razor(Gillette 1904) I bought from a fellow B&B member. It's my most prized razor so I will never sell it.

A little over 2 yrs ago I acquired my first, a Weishi TTO that was much too mild for my scruff. I think I put it in a passaround razor box several months ago. Decent razor, but not the tool for me. Don't regret setting it free and likely won't. If I ever get nostalgic, I'll look at the pics I took of it to show off on FB.

I've never sold any of my razors. None are expensive enough to make any money worth while bothering.

My first was an Edwin Jagger DE89 over ten years ago. It's never been dropped or abused so it's still as good today as ever. Admittedly it doesn't get used as much these days but I have no intentions of getting rid of it.

The only one I've parted with is my Merkur 25 that I passed on to my dad. My ex wife broke a couple but that's it.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Still have the MR3 that was part of my Maggards "starter kit" back in 2013. Doesn't get as much mileage anymore, but still pick it up every once and a while and wouldn't part with it for nostalgia's sake alone.

Top Bottom