What's new

Did you regret selling your first DE Razor?

First DE I ever used was a Parker 89r.

It may have just been bad technique but that one cut me to ribbons. I soon changed ty o an Edwin Jagger DE89 and never looked back.

Sometimes I think I'd like to try another to see if it was the razor to fault or just my poor technique. I probably won't bother with another unless one falls in my lap for next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I haven’t sold a razor yet that I’ve owned. I’m sentimental, though. If I decided to purge, I would keep the first one. It’s a Merkur 34C, so not rare or anything. If I did sell it, I think that I would regret it.

I haven't yet but likely will soon. Maybe. My first, a 34C is nice, works pretty well for me. But I keep trying something new to see if I like it better. If so, the 34C will be gone.

My razor is a tool, nothing more, not sentimental. So, I keep the 34C since I know it. When the new tool arrives I use it and compare. Takes some time, but so far the 34C has worked best so it stays. If/when I find something I like better, then the 34C is out the door.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My first DE razor was a Gillette slim H2 1962 razor and still have it and use it every once in a while because I have a larger razor rotation know. I don't know why I would want to sell it, but I have other razors are maybe a little better so some day either my son gets it or sell a lot of razors.

First DE I ever used was a Parker 89r.

It may have just been bad technique but that one cut me to ribbons. I soon changed ty o an Edwin Jagger DE89 and never looked back.

Sometimes I think I'd like to try another to see if it was the razor to fault or just my poor technique. I probably won't bother with another unless one falls in my lap for next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
My first DE was a Parker too, a 91R. And just like you, I grabbed a DE89 next and went from there.
I don't regret getting rid of the Parker, it was too aggressive for a first-time user and honestly not one that I would see myself using nowadays even.

Didn't sell mine, I threw it out! I dropped it and it broke after about a month. My first and only TTO. Got it at TJ MAXX for 5 bucks. It ripped me to shreds, and my Edwin Jagger DE89 helped me actually start to enjoy traditional wet shaving.

My first DE was a VDH that I bought in 2014. After 44 years of electrics and cartridges, the VDH was a welcome relief. I gave the VDH to my son a few years back, but I suspect he never tried it. I don’t regret giving it to him, but I sure wish he would use it.

I've never sold a DE razor. While I only use the current favorite (Feather AS-D2) most of the time, I do occasionally dip into the razor drawer to sample one of the others.

I haven't sold anything yet. I'm sitting very comfortably at 2 DE razors and one shavette. That said, I had lots of fun restoring that SS. I can see myself in the near future picking up some good deals, bringing them back up to usable condition and either putting them on BST or PIFing them here.

No regret, but there is a good chance I will end up buying one again at some point. I found it a but too aggressive at the time but I feel like it would be nearly ideal now.

Top Bottom