What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

That's a shame. I enjoyed it way more than I expected to, and I was looking forward to seeing the other two.

At least give #2 a try. You probably shouldn't listen to me as my #1 movie ever made is the 1933 King Kong. If you like something similar to that first Wick movie, check out the 1st Equalizer movie with Denzel Washington. That was a good one. Denzel's Deja Vu from 2006 was also a great movie.

Da 5 Bloods--I really liked this, but there are some things that are Spike Lee idiosyncrasies that I felt were a bit out of place.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 8.20.44 PM.png

Hmmmm. In short, I didn't like it. Two+ hours of chaotic yelling with no one listening. My wife stopped watching out of frustration about 35min in, I saw it through to the end. Great acting and the story line is potentially interesting but again, the constant yelling and chaos! Music score was strange too, reminded me of some 80's films. And the ending was very predictable. To bad.

Demolition man!

Great cult classic. it holds up - perhaps a little too well given PC culture & all. If you want a good laugh and you're tired of the finger-waggers and chest-thumpers, I highly recommend it. For cult classic social commentary comedy it's up there with Repo Man and Idiocracy.

Cats, the new 2019 version with Ian McKellen, Judi Dench, Jennifer Hudson, and Taylor Swift. I'd never seen the stage play or the 1998 movie, so this was new to me in the way it was staged. A fun flick, much like an opera in English, with T.S. Eliot's playful rhymes in the lyrics (I'm guessing). Taylor has a nice featured song, but isn't on screen much.

I'm not a big musicals fan -- Saturday Night Fever and Cabaret excepted. But this was fun.

Three Mules for Sister Sara
Two Mules, right? A neat movie! I remember seeing it when it was new, and there was a bit where we actually see Sister Sara light the gunpowder and the arrow slides out of Clint's shoulder -- done in profile, utterly realistic, so that I asked, "How did they do that?"

In the replay on Grit, that moment was cut out.

I saw Cats as well and was glad I didn't pay to see it. Not bad, but not great. Becky was enjoyable as a revenge movie and had a couple surprising performances from a couple comics.

Top Bottom