What's new

Gillette Travel Tech Size? And Options

I've seen many photos of Travel Techs, but never seen one in person. With the handle unscrewed, how long is the handle?
From what I hear all the other dimensions are the same, so I can just use an existing Tech handle if I don't like it.

I'm very interested in compact shavers, even from other manufacturers.

The Gillette Travel Tech came with a handle about an inch shorter than that of a Fatip Piccolo: 1.75 inches. The Travel Tech is cute, but just a pain to shave with unless you are going for a comedy effect.

They look quite neat, but I could never see the purpose of them. A standard Tech takes up so little space that any saving in this respect is more than offset by the lack of utility. The heads on the travel versions are compatible with standard handles, by Gillette and most other manufacturers.

They look quite neat, but I could never see the purpose of them. A standard Tech takes up so little space that any saving in this respect is more than offset by the lack of utility. The heads on the travel versions are compatible with standard handles, by Gillette and most other manufacturers.

+1! Definitely! Novelty is the point of the travel Tech! :clap: :clap:

I need one of those little handles......
No you don't. No one does.
It's a tech, ergo it shaves well. But the handle is just a pain in the posterior. It's a novelty.
I used a travel tech for a few trips several years ago. It did its job, that's all I can say for it. I then got a full size pre-war tech and put it in an Altoids tin. It's worked great ever since.

No you don't. No one does.
It's a tech, ergo it shaves well. But the handle is just a pain in the posterior. It's a novelty.
I used a travel tech for a few trips several years ago. It did its job, that's all I can say for it. I then got a full size pre-war tech and put it in an Altoids tin. It's worked great ever since.

:lol:

I put my tech in an Altoids tin with foam liners and a spare blade or 2 when I travel. Why one would need to go smaller is beyond me.

It's not really that much smaller.

20200412_171420.jpg

Top Bottom