What's new

Blade Cost Per Year

Hi guys. I’m curious, how much are you spending on blades on average for your blades in a years time? I know this might be a hard question to
answer because some blades cost more than others and we all use blades randomly according to our own changing habits. Just a good estimate is needed here . Or maybe a spreadsheet! Thanks in advance!

Razorhead

between 10 and 15 dollars a year. I am not a blade hoarder. I use primarily Astra SPs and Bolzanos, 75% Astra and 20% Bolzano. The other 5% are usually gifts. I don't see the need to buy thousands of blades to store and give to charity when I kick the bucket.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m glad you didn’t ask this question several years ago because the math would be much harder. So to answer your question: NOTHING. Zero Dollars.

I haven’t bought blades in a few years.

My Personnas cost $1.60 for a pack of 10, locally. Each blade lasts about a month.... so like $1.85 or so per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I may, MAY have spent 5 bucks on blades in the last 3 years. I've got about 150 or 200 blades on hand.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I recently started hoarding. So im not going to think about my answer such that i can stay in denial

I get 25 shaves or more per blade. My cost is about a dollar a year. I use Astra SP and Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades. I consider them to be clones of each other.

Last edited:
Nothing spent this year and probably nothing for the next two years. Leaf Razors have supplied me with all my blades. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe around $10.00 on some sampler packs. I made a few 100 blade buys last year so I am actually set for life, if I can just stop looking.

I use cost per shave. I use vintage blades exclusively but I don't usually pay the prices you normally see asked for them. Those are maybe worth it for collectors but not if you're buying to use. I do NOT recommend trying to follow my example if you're still working but I'm retired and make it my full time job to find and negotiate for them and I've ended up with blades that give me better shaves, much better, and at a cost per shave, given what I pay and their longevity, that's lower than the best modern offerings.

I usually get seven to ten shaves from one DE blade. At that rate, I use at most 50 blades in a year. Assuming that I’ve paid $10 for a 100 pack of Astra or Personna blades, then I’ve used no more than $5 worth of blades in one year.

I estimate that my 2020 cost will be $0 for blades as I intend to work through some of my stash! :a29:

Depending on the blade I get 7-14 shaves from each, so an average of around 10 ... so 36 blades a year at probably an average of 10 cents a blade. $4-$5 maybe depending on how often I rotate a high priced blade into my usage.

I buy more than that of course, but I only use that much.

I have no plans to buy any additional blades for the next five years. I currently have over 250 Personna Med Prep blades, 150 Personna Labs, and at least 100 various other blades.

I don’t plan to buy any more blades ever. The other day, I was about to make an Amazon purchase and there were a few 100 packs in my cart. I thought to myself if I buy more blades to add to my already huge stash, there must be something wrong with me :sosp:. I’m overstocked set for the zombie shave-apocalypse.

Well, when using any of these blades, I can get 30 or more comfortable and close shaves with them easily.

Nacet
Polsilver
GSB
Feather

So that would put me at about a dollar or maybe a little over , for the entire year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom