What's new

FS Charcoal Goods LVL 2 SB Bright Brass Razor/ UK Made Red Tip Superspeed Razor Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Charcoal Goods LVL 2 SB Bright Brass Razor
First owner, superb condition, meticulously cleaned and wiped down after every shave.
Periodically coated with Renaissance Wax. Comes with full packaging as pictured,
and a washer to protect handle from contacting the head.

Top cap: Gen 3
Baseplate: Gen 1 (provides amplified and pleasing audible feedback)

Some notes on Gen 1 vs Gen 2 plates / Gen 3 vs Gen 4 top caps... in the words of the razor maker himself:

"All top caps shave the same. The profile of the top cap has never changed and your face can't tell which generation is which.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 baseplates of the same aggressiveness level will shave the same since the edge of the razor blade is in the same location. All critical design dimensions are identical even though the baseplates are different in appearance."

My personal (and biased) opinion: I greatly prefer a razor with generous audio feedback and the Gen 1 trumps the Gen 2 plate in that regard.

This razor configuration costs $235 when new.

Price: $200 (delivered)
No trades

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

005.JPG

1. UK Made Red Tip Superspeed – Mint and Rare

This is more efficient, smoother and overall better-made than its USA made sibling.
In my experience it goes head to ahead with many modern mid-aggressive razors like
Charcoal Goods Lvl2, Timeless 95 and Blackbird.

Blade gap: 0.81 mm (source: above the tie website faq section)

Razor is in mint condition on all parameters: cosmetics, mechanics and performance.

The material on the TTO is flawless. (no flakey paint)

A perfectly balanced, extra smooth daily driver for men with tough beards.

Price: $165 (delivered)
No trades

RIMG0868.JPG
RIMG0870.JPG
RIMG0872.JPG
RIMG0876.JPG
RIMG0882.JPG

Is the Red Tip a cased set?

I've sold a fair amount of excellent stuff on here, and I always picture exactly
what is on offer. There is a wonderful cased specimen being offered currently
by another member for a bit more, if that interests you.

I've sold a fair amount of excellent stuff on here, and I always picture exactly
what is on offer. There is a wonderful cased specimen being offered currently
by another member for a bit more, if that interests you.
That was a testy answer...

That was a testy answer...

Hi, it was not my intention to come across as testy. I take a lot of time and care in describing my
items down to a T. So if something is not mentioned, then it simply doesn't exist. If I don't mention a case, then there is no case...asking will not make one appear magically. Sometimes I wonder if people even read the complete
text before firing off a question. Maybe they just read the title, see the pics and the price. I can't tell you how many times I've had a PM asking for a trade when I explicitly write (in bold) 'No trades'.

I realise that I did not put up a picture of the Charcoal Goods original packaging due to image
constraints....so I'll take this opportunity to do that. The oval item on the left is an (unused)
coaster BTW.

009.JPG

You indicated "Periodically coated with Renaissance Wax. Comes with full packaging as pictured,
and a washer to protect handle from contacting the head."
I've been using California Gold car wax on my copper hammered CG handle and find that it is difficult to get the wax out of some the divots/hammer marks. The wax is white and I can see it in there. Is the Renaissance Wax clear? How are you getting it out of the divots?

I run my finger over the wax in the jar and apply a very thin film all over the handle...after about 10 minutes I buff it
with a cloth. Never seen any wax left behind. the consistency of ren wax is very fine...

Very nice and sparkling. know you said it above that the CG razor is bright brass, but thought it might be helpful to have a reminder since looking at the pics you just posted, it almost looks like stainless I'm guessing due to lighting.

Charcoal Goods Razor is sold.

The UK Red Tip is still around.

But I'm closing the thread...PM if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom