What's new

Finally picked up a good brush

When I started wet shaving I bought a cheap Perfecto pure badger brush on Amazon. It was decent enough ... or so I thought. I recently broke down and ordered a much better brush which arrived today
20190705_181102.jpg

A Semogue Owner's Club super badger with cherry handle. I don't know what I was expecting, having never had a good quality brush, but WOW! After a good soak of the bristles I loaded it up with Stirling soap, and immediately noticed how much better it was. It just sucked up the soap out of the tub! Then onto the bowl to whip up some lather, which this brush did quickly and effortlessly. I don't think I'll ever be able to use my old, cheap brush again.

That all being said, I also ordered a Yaqi synthetic brush to try out too. And ordered a Razorock GC razor .... I need to stop with all the shaving acquisitions, my wife is starting to get a little unhappy ...

When I started wet shaving I bought a cheap Perfecto pure badger brush on Amazon. It was decent enough ... or so I thought. I recently broke down and ordered a much better brush which arrived todayView attachment 996632
A Semogue Owner's Club super badger with cherry handle. I don't know what I was expecting, having never had a good quality brush, but WOW! After a good soak of the bristles I loaded it up with Stirling soap, and immediately noticed how much better it was. It just sucked up the soap out of the tub! Then onto the bowl to whip up some lather, which this brush did quickly and effortlessly. I don't think I'll ever be able to use my old, cheap brush again.

That all being said, I also ordered a Yaqi synthetic brush to try out too. And ordered a Razorock GC razor .... I need to stop with all the shaving acquisitions, my wife is starting to get a little unhappy ...
You did good, money well spent.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Enjoy! Some mineral oil rubbed on the handle once in a while may prolong its life. Beautiful brush!
Mineral oil would probably be a really good idea to keto this handle pristine. The thought briefly crossed my mind to put a spar urethane finish on it, but I wonder what they finish it with at the factory?

It looks great. Good to hear that you're enjoying your shaves with it. I'd definitely pick one up but it's out of my price range for now. Maybe through the BST or something. I'm also interested in the mixed knots as well (Boar/Badger)

When I started wet shaving I bought a cheap Perfecto pure badger brush on Amazon. It was decent enough ... or so I thought. I recently broke down and ordered a much better brush which arrived todayView attachment 996632

That's why u need to get something for her too lol.
A bit of this and that too, brushes from Yaqi and something else from aliexpress.
-944897811-1166916305.jpg -672969828-1436728354.jpg

:)

Welcome to BAD! BAD IS GOOD!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yes, it is. In addition to the many options out there, there are some great, historical brushes out there it that could really accent your "space".
You could find 15 unique and vintage Rubberset, 15 unique and vintage Ever Ready, 10 unique and vintage Star. There are great barber handle brushes by Hess, Certifyd, C-Mon, and Dubl Duck. Then, you venture into the world of the modern brushes... Boar. Synthetic. Badger. Horse. A person could have 75 in the blink of an eye.

Yes, it is. In addition to the many options out there, there are some great, historical brushes out there it that could really accent your "space".
You could find 15 unique and vintage Rubberset, 15 unique and vintage Ever Ready, 10 unique and vintage Star. There are great barber handle brushes by Hess, Certifyd, C-Mon, and Dubl Duck. Then, you venture into the world of the modern brushes... Boar. Synthetic. Badger. Horse. A person could have 75 in the blink of an eye.
Vintage brushes you say ... that's not something I had given much thought to. Clearly I need more brushes now.

Top Bottom