What's new

Grooming Dept club

Mail call!
5DB46A5C-6788-4812-80F7-3B45793215A6.jpeg

I received my tub of Frankinlime from Mo today. It has a familiar scent of “eau de animal” off the puck, as does my tub of Mallard. I’m confident that the Frankinlime, like the Mallard, will smell just fine when lathered. I’ve got a couple of bottles of Frankinlime aftershave from Maol Grooming, so I have a good sense of what I’m in for.

@A. Feitar , I also received a tub of voyage today. What do you think of the scent? My tub smells like soap...and nothing else. I am unable to detect the scent notes as outlined on the web site. Is something wrong with my nose or do you concur?

Not that I'm really disappointed since I buy soap for performance -- a great scent is a plus, but not a requirement (if the soap is slick and it gives good post-shave results, I'm a happy camper).

@A. Feitar , I also received a tub of voyage today. What do you think of the scent? My tub smells like soap...and nothing else. I am unable to detect the scent notes as outlined on the web site. Is something wrong with my nose or do you concur?

I’ve given up trying to smell the scent notes in his soap. The only one I know I can smell is the orange in Valencia. All my others just smell to complex for my nose to differentiate the different notes.

Though I do avoid anything with lavender as my wife hates lavender and has a far more powerful sniffer than I.

I’ve given up trying to smell the scent notes in his soap. The only one I know I can smell is the orange in Valencia. All my others just smell to complex for my nose to differentiate the different notes.

Though I do avoid anything with lavender as my wife hates lavender and has a far more powerful sniffer than I.

Interesting. My only other GD soap is Valencia, which smells like an orange explosion when you open the tub.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Used the new sandalwood soap today. Excellent scent, very same as my vintage Creed Bois du Santal, true sandalwood. Soap performance was also excellent, as I expected it!

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
The Janus Tallow base of the new sandalwood soap is a lather monster
I also like the scent not overpowering just a nice warm sandalwood

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Used the new sandalwood soap today. Excellent scent, very same as my vintage Creed Bois du Santal, true sandalwood. Soap performance was also excellent, as I expected it!

Your enabling succeeded. I'd decided to push the button. I was unable to. It's sold out.

Not that I don't have a Baker's Dozen of Grooming Dept soaps so don't feel sorry for me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I lathered my boar brush for about 10 seconds on the soap had ended up getting a half inch of "paste" in the tub. I've never seen a soap act that way before. I scooped it all out and put it on my face, and then went to town with my brush. The animal musk disappeared once I started lathering. I great sandalwood scent that isn't as strong as the AoS sandalwood that knocks your socks off, but good strength to it. My hand was smelling like sandalwood for a few hours after.

Wow, this new version of Janus with lanolin is fantastic. I am amazed that GD’s Janus base could get any better but it has. This GD soap lathers easily and is super slick. It is a no brainer to develop a lather with just 10-15 seconds of loading and the post shave is ultra comfortable. Oh, and it also smells great too. It has a pleasant sandalwood scent and I think I detect some Oud. There are a few other “elite” soaps out there but GD has just created a new category of “Ultra Elite”.
D21205B0-A920-4DBE-B346-45767A1E365F.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wow, this new version of Janus with lanolin is fantastic. I am amazed that GD’s Janus base could get any better but it has. This GD soap lathers easily and is super slick. It is a no brainer to develop a lather with just 10-15 seconds of loading and the post shave is ultra comfortable. Oh, and it also smells great too. It has a pleasant sandalwood scent and I think I detect some Oud. There are a few other “elite” soaps out there but GD has just created a new category of “Ultra Elite”.
View attachment 994040

Would you stop it. It's sold out. You're torturing me.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
wish I had ordered one or two more.....

That's how I feel about Valencia. I was able to order a second Barbershop before it sold out. But, now the word in out about how good Mo's latest veggie soaps are. They'll be selling like hotcakes, too.

upload_2019-6-26_17-24-19.jpeg

It's hard to not tell, but do we need more competition?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just check my email.

So, check this out, torturers...

upload_2019-6-26_17-36-42.png

There is hope on the horizon, gentlemen. How 'bout Mo giving me a heads up.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom