What's new

Disposable flashlights

Golly, they are now harder to find than a vegan at a pig roast. Garrity makes em. About $5.50 at Tru Value Hardware.

I like to keep a couple in the bedrooms in the event of a power outage.

They seem to hold a charge for 5-6 years. :)

Visited multiple stores before I found them today.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I have one of these that I got a couple of years ago at Wallyworld for twenty bucks. Not as cheap as the plastic ones that don't put out much light, but they last longer...a lot longer. This two C cell puts out a lot more light than I thought it would.

I still have a three C cell Mag Lite that I used in the early '80s on duty and it still works like a champ. My two cell is a twist head on and off, not like the title in the advert. for this place, but the info. down the page shows it properly.

I think the plastic disposable ones are a waste of money.

Mag Lite Handheld Incandescent 30 Lumens 2 C Cell Push Button Black

Actually, the Garrity puts out a lot of bright light, more than my small mag light, and at $1 a year is an ideal nightstand flashlight. :)

Remember when they first came out. I liked the pistol-grip style, and it seemed to hold up better than the metal and plastic flashlights then on the market. Did not like the disposable aspect even then, and took one apart once to see about a retrofit. When the 6v "lantern" types came out, I went mostly to those, with the exception of a 6 D cell Maglite.

With the development of white LEDs, have gone back to the old-style handhelds. Unfortunately, they seem to have one over the edge, concentrating on brightness at the expense of battery time. Fortunately, LEDs themselves last a long time, so it's replace the batteries and they're good to go.

Ultra Bright LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight

There's always a free with purchase coupon on them, so they've become my go to cheap ($0) flashlight. With so many good <$10 LED flashlights readily available now, it's easy to see why disposables are tough to find. I'm not sure why incandescent bulb flashlights even exist anymore.

They give them away at Harbor Freight with a small purchase and sell them for a couple bucks. We have them for the little kids to
play with, so we have quite a few around.

Why not just buy a decent light?
15602121703551698647707.jpg

Actually, the Garrity is a decent light. Better than that. Bright. Holds a charge for years. Costs $5.50. Try one.

I've got a Fenix ld01 1-AAA led flashlight I've carried for 10 years everyday. I use it here and there, and one Energizer lithium battery lasts 6 months to a year. 3 modes, high is not usually needed!!! It is about the size of chapstick.

A 50 lumen single battery LED light is easy on batteries. Amazon has some you can get 5 for $15 or so, which can also take 14500 li-ion, but do well on 1 AA battery. I bought 10 a few years back and gave to the guys of my family. Grandpa keeps his in his pocket (he's 88) and says how handy it is to have! Cheap, but if they get lost it's no big deal, my Fenix was $30... I have two of those cheapies in my car, one needs to make it's way into my new (to me) truck, too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Disposable flashlight? I don't get it. What's the advantage over a replaceable battery flashlight?

Top Bottom