What's new

The Famous Grouse...Black Version

Gentlemen
Last summer my wife and I went on a whisky tour in Scotland. Visited a good number of distilleries during a 3 day trip and it was excellent. Brought back 4 bottles of very good Scotch which have now been reduced to empty bottles...sigh.
Anyway, over the years I've had the Famous Grouse as my "bar Scotch" and have always enjoyed it's flavours and character. Then they brought out the "Black Grouse" which has a smokier, peatier aroma and flavour.
I like those types of Scotch and decided to try it. The "Grouse" has a very good reputation for being one of the better blends and at the price, it was pretty much a no-brainer as to whether I should try it or not.
Well, I like Scotch and am not too particular as to whether I enjoy it before or after dinner.
I found it to be an excellent product without being overly dense as to the smokiness etc. Very smooth and great bouquet.
Any other fans?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You'll receive many thanks and not the slightest protest were you to hand me a measure of Black Grouse.

For many years, Famous Grouse was my drink of choice but have never had Black Grouse. I’ll definitely have to look for it. Thanks!

Legion

Staff member
I've tried it, and thought it was pretty tasty. No where near as smoky as an Islay single malt, but just a hint, which is easy drinking.

I guess I should clarify a bit. It's the Famous Grouse "Smoky Black" version. Enjoying a wee dram as we speak.

It is in limited supply out here. At $28 it's a good deal.

proxy.php

Top Bottom