What's new

Maybe I should Sell

That auction is a free lesson in marketing 101 to anyone who'll pay attention. Crisp photo + create (and subsequently alleviate) fears of "germs" while subconsciously suggesting that other similar ebay razors are somehow inferior (e.g. germy) = gold. PT Barnum was right.

That auction is a free lesson in marketing 101 to anyone who'll pay attention. Crisp photo + create (and subsequently alleviate) fears of "germs" while subconsciously suggesting that other similar ebay razors are somehow inferior (e.g. germy) = gold. PT Barnum was right.

Plus it has FAQ's

You might have to replate it first. :biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, why would you pay that much for a replated razor? I could see that much for other more rare razors in that type of condition that weren't re-plated, but why pay more for a razor that is worth less?

I think the answer is very clearly that most of us wouldn't. But someone out there did think it was worth it. But I cannot fathom why!

Him and his wife must shill bid. Every one of their auctions have a crazy winning bids just like that one. They had a TV SS razor, just the razor, sell for $70 something.

Him and his wife must shill bid. Every one of their auctions have a crazy winning bids just like that one. They had a TV SS razor, just the razor, sell for $70 something.

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing is none of his auctions have retracted bids. He always has a ton of bids no matter what he is selling.

I thought the same thing...

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing is none of his auctions have retracted bids. He always has a ton of bids no matter what he is selling.

...however, I think it is likely more of a case of anxious newbies not realizing the loss in value of re-plating.

Exactly guys. He says in that auction that the razor is all original and not replated. Don't know how he does it but they all go super high. it's ridiculous. He just had a Flare Tip SS go for $51 and a Slim go for $73 meanwhile this Fat Boy auction for a razor in just as good of condition goes for only $53, which in reality is a fair price for it, not a steal but fair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200305106928

Now what was so much better about the razor that sold for $140?

Last edited:
Top Bottom