What's new

If you're gonna rock a goatee...

IMG_6262.JPG
Then rock a goatee, not a Van Dyke and call it a goatee.

I've had mine for a couple of months now. It's getting a bit longer and developing some character (makes up for my lack thereof...), making me look a bit eccentric, perhaps?

Here I am testing it out on the locals waiting for the Shinkansen in Osaka.

My wife is more than happy that my goatee is 8000 miles away from her. Ha!

I've never done a true Goatee. I usually keep a full beard or a duck tail in the summer months. I've been known to rock a circle beard or a van dyke in the past, but I haven't seen my upper lip (or chin) in 20 years. The true goatee is a tough look for most to pull off, but you are doing it and doing it well! :thumbup1:

As a younger man, I never could have pulled it off. But now that I'm north of "half a hundred", I've entered the "I don't care, and get off my lawn!" years, all is well...

I had the full beard for close to two years. My mustache was finally driving me nuts despite daily trimming. So the stache had to go. Yet I didn't want the total cueball look (been there), so the chin brush was the call...

My challenge with the goatee is the size/width of it. I keep mine trimmed pretty close as well. Had this for roughly seven years. Had to shave it off when I was unemployed.

-Stephen

True goatee, and I don't do it because I couldn't live without the stache. I have had a mustache for all of my adult life. I've had a full beard for a majority of that time and now just do the ring beard with a bald head. I like it, but it's hard to see because the hair is so white now it's almost transparent.

Yup have had one for a few years now...as of late ive let it grow long and currently its in the 6 to 7 inch range. I keep telling the wife i want it long enough to braid.....lol.

Gotta figger out a way to get the kinks out if i keep it this long though.....

Yup have had one for a few years now...as of late ive let it grow long and currently its in the 6 to 7 inch range. I keep telling the wife i want it long enough to braid.....lol.

Gotta figger out a way to get the kinks out if i keep it this long though.....

Any pic?

I’m keeping mine at about this length. I also have wavy whiskers if it gets longer than this.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Only a crazy dude would go out in public like that.

What? You think I'm crazy too? :tongue_sm

When I have done the beard thing it has always been a Van Dyke. I have had the mustache to long to give it up. Plus I don't think I could pull it off.

Top Bottom