What's new

Favorite model year Corvette

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Since for some odd reason I was unable to start WWIII with my "beef vs. pork" or "what is your favorite style of bbq" threads, I'll have another go at it, this time with America's most iconic car.

Mind you, this is as about as subjective as you can get. No justification is required for your answer, as this is purely about personal preference. I'll start-

Although I'm a big fan of Vettes made between 1963 and 1967, my favorite era was 1958-1962. Of these, the most pleasing to my eye is the 1960. Just great from every angle.

proxy.php

proxy.php

What floats your boat?

2002 Z06. The first and only Corvette that ever (both) caught my eye and put me back in the seat good enough to say "Whoa!" like I really meant it.

Last edited:
For me it is the 70's era stingrays. Love those cars. No idea how well they actually handle but every time I pass one (usually sitting outside a mechanics shop or semi-abandoned in some yard, oddly enough :) I want one. The new ones are a little too angular for me, but they are certainly impressive.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
As the site's resident ouch this month, I should point out I have a very rare 1983. :laugh:

Corvettes have never been cars that I lusted after but a '65 C2 coupe with the fuel injection 327 is my idea of "classic" Corvette.

For me it is the 70's era stingrays. Love those cars. No idea how well they actually handle but every time I pass one (usually sitting outside a mechanics shop or semi-abandoned in some yard, oddly enough :) I want one. The new ones are a little too angular for me, but they are certainly impressive.

Same here, but that split window is a very cool look.

As much as I liked the Stingray, I would take that 1960 if given a choice. Never cared for the styles after '67.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
1967 L88 Coupe in green. No radio, no heater or A/C, Just 540HP to580HP (depending on the source) of big block race fuel only madness!!!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
1968 Ford "Bullitt" Mustang- Factory "S" code 390 GT fastback.

....oh crap this is the wrong thread.:laugh:

Seriously, I kinda liked Mark Hamill's custom Stingray in Corvette Summer.

My dad bought a raffle ticket for the chance to win a 1957 Corvette. The year was '59. This was very small town Texas so it was a big deal and big news all over town. He showed up for the drawing. The Red Corvette sat off to the right as the numbers were being announced. Each number drawn was his, all the way to the very last number....donk...one number off. The Baptist Church ten blocks away heard bad words from dads mouth. A wealthy Doctor of the town won the prize....he wasn't even there for the drawing. Word has it his wife wreaked it 5 days later into the fish pond of a wealthy county judge. I think there was something fishy going on. Anyway, dad bought a '59 Gibson Les Paul (sunburst) that same year and sold it for $2500 in 1976 to pay some bills and taxes. The serial number on his Les Paul is worth more $250,000++ today. He kicked himself twice in 59.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
1966 perhaps because I like the 1959 Mercedes 300 SL or various incarnations of convertables, gullwings, or suprimos.

I saw a Corvette Mako Shark at the NY Autoshow in the early 60's. Too bad that one never went into production.

1956 Corvette in baby blue and white. Once in awhile in West Los Angeles I see one driven by a man with the top down. It's awesome to see it on the road.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
1968 Ford "Bullitt" Mustang- Factory "S" code 390 GT fastback.

....oh crap this is the wrong thread.:laugh:

Seriously, I kinda liked Mark Hamill's custom Stingray in Corvette Summer.

My dad bought a raffle ticket for the chance to win a 1957 Corvette. The year was '59. This was very small town Texas so it was a big deal and big news all over town. He showed up for the drawing. The Red Corvette sat off to the right as the numbers were being announced. Each number drawn was his, all the way to the very last number....donk...one number off. The Baptist Church ten blocks away heard bad words from dads mouth. A wealthy Doctor of the town won the prize....he wasn't even there for the drawing. Word has it his wife wreaked it 5 days later into the fish pond of a wealthy county judge. I think there was something fishy going on. Anyway, dad bought a '59 Gibson Les Paul (sunburst) that same year and sold it for $2500 in 1976 to pay some bills and taxes. The serial number on his Les Paul is worth more $250,000++ today. He kicked himself twice in 59.

Ouch. And ouch again!

Top Bottom