What's new

Meat Eaters Check In

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I think a nice juicy steak is in order this weekend. I don't care what the cut is just bring me meat....argh, argh!!!

$steak_cooking.gif

I'm with ya! This was my Sunday afternoon dinner, 16oz Ribeye.

Reverse seared to 120° then one minute per side over blazing hot charcoal then the charred lettuce and tomato

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I went out for steak fajitas yesterday. While good, I got a little sad realizing I could do better at home

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I went out for steak fajitas yesterday. While good, I got a little sad realizing I could do better at home
We say this every time we go out. The exception is the one local place where I get the king cut prime rib, I wouldn't do that at home.

I must admit, over the last several years, I have drastically reduced my intake of red meat. However, I do enjoy a good piece of beef from time to time, and my body sometimes craves it.

Just did steak in a carbon steel pan for the first time last night for homemade pizza... After it was sliced very little was left to put on the pizzas!

Perfect idea and even better timing!

Monday I go into surgery to have my Hiatal Hernia fixed.

So Sunday night will be the last solid food that I will have for at least 10 days.

I have a very nice Venison Tenderloin in the freezer. Add some Hunters sauce with fresh mushrooms, some very fresh stir fry veggies and a nice Garlic Smashed Potato. Some good Cabernet with dinner and then some Cafe DuMonde coffee and Brandy to finish with.

Yep, that sounds like a plan!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Perfect idea and even better timing!

Monday I go into surgery to have my Hiatal Hernia fixed.

So Sunday night will be the last solid food that I will have for at least 10 days.

I have a very nice Venison Tenderloin in the freezer. Add some Hunters sauce with fresh mushrooms, some very fresh stir fry veggies and a nice Garlic Smashed Potato. Some good Cabernet with dinner and then some Cafe DuMonde coffee and Brandy to finish with.

Yep, that sounds like a plan!

Hope your operation goes well [MENTION=103989]UncleRJ[/MENTION]. Back-strap down here in Texas is gold...bon appetit.

Top Bottom