What's new

Like Creed Aventus?

Hey guys,I am looking for a scent in the same category as Creed's Aventus.The wife loves when I use Stirling's Executive Man shave soap and splash,but try as I may the real deal is just not in my budget.I am aware of AB Spirit Silver and Insurrection Pure 2,anyone here tried or smelled these two and care to offer any advice on which one to try?Also anything else that should be on my radar that would scratch the same itch.Much appreciated folks:thumbup1:

Fine Platinum- $15 for a 4oz bottle.
I have that one(should have mentioned in OP)bud,the menthol masks the scent while in the bottle to me.After it dries down it is GTG!!Thanks for the reply though:thumbup:.I tend to favor the Stirling interpretation of Aventus over the Fine if that helps.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
In the same boat, and there are numerous threads here and at that base notes place. :lol:

I'm sampling AB Spirit Silver right now and while it's really nice ... It isn't Aventus ( I have a sample). Which actually pleases me; nose is getting an education.

I have CdN Intense Man also enroute, that one's supposed to be closer.

Actual Creed Aventus is on sale to Prime members for $157, BTW.

AB Spirit Silver IS good in its own right ... But not even close.

AA

You can try any of the following: Reyane Tradition Insurrection Pure II, Glenn Perri Unpredictable Adventure, Lomani AB Silver, Ilum Dean Fresco

In the same boat, and there are numerous threads here and at that base notes place. :lol:

I'm sampling AB Spirit Silver right now and while it's really nice ... It isn't Aventus ( I have a sample). Which actually pleases me; nose is getting an education.

I have CdN Intense Man also enroute, that one's supposed to be closer.

Actual Creed Aventus is on sale to Prime members for $157, BTW.

AB Spirit Silver IS good in its own right ... But not even close.

AA
Interested in how the Intense works out,it has popped up a few times in my search.If you don't mind give us a report after you have some time with it.Thanks for the reply pal!!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Interested in how the Intense works out,it has popped up a few times in my search.If you don't mind give us a report after you have some time with it.Thanks for the reply pal!!!

Sure. I've had the AB Silver on for a couple hours .. It's dried down and though I see why it calls Aventus to mind, the synthetic vibe is still strong. Kind of a soft, fake, overtone. It comes in a metal box, was shrink wrapped, made in France ... It's really not bad. But LOTH likes Aventus- so do I! Curse the stuff! :lol: Still with both clones, I'm only out $45- and learning firsthand.

AA

I luckily have creeds aventus, ISP2, unpredictable adventure, and armafs club de nuit intense for MEN ( black cap).

I LOVE aventus and nothing is an exact copy of course but I would go with armafs Club de nuit intense men. It has a 80 to 85 percent match to aventus. Black currant is more prominent in it though but it is an amazing fragrance. I really do use it a lot. The others I have literally started using as bathroom sprays since they are way to synthetic to me. But just letting you know. Armaf cdni is usually around 35 bucks for the 100ml on Amazon. It's just at 55 right now cuz it's been hyped by many reviewers for good reason. But if you add it to your wish list it does constantly drop in price and then raise again like every 1 week.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
There was a square box in the mail today; I was ready to rip open the CdN IM and start spraying!

But it was only another box of 100 German Wilkinson Swords ... Dayum.

AA

If an AS is good enough, I endorse Wm Neumann Absolute Zero, Fine Platinum and Floid Black. Especially the latter.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
OK. Club de Nuit Intense Man (CdNIM) is here!

If the goal is to copy Creed's Aventus ... this does a way better job than AB Silver. It goes on smelling 80% (yes) like Aventus ... dries down to a very close clone of it! Slightly more peppery, IMO.

Not synthetic on drydown like AB Silver. Not exactly the same as Aventus but close ... agree with abh's assessment above.

And I can afford to use it! Nice. (Aventus was only $157 on Amazon the other day ... "only" $157, which goes to show you- I was getting in dangerous$ territory there)

AA

OK. Club de Nuit Intense Man (CdNIM) is here!

If the goal is to copy Creed's Aventus ... this does a way better job than AB Silver. It goes on smelling 80% (yes) like Aventus ... dries down to a very close clone of it! Slightly more peppery, IMO.

Not synthetic on drydown like AB Silver. Not exactly the same as Aventus but close ... agree with abh's assessment above.

And I can afford to use it! Nice. (Aventus was only $157 on Amazon the other day ... "only" $157, which goes to show you- I was getting in dangerous$ territory there)

AA
Thanks for the update!!!It has been a minute since I have caught a whiff of the real deal(Aventus)SWMBO has never smelled it,she just really likes when I use Stirling's Executive Man though.Given that thought maybe I should have asked about a EdT to match/copy my Stirling EM products(hey I'm a low rent kind of guy what can I say lol)If memory serves me correct Stirling's EM is way more "sweet" smelling then Aventus,no?Either way I surmise I can't go wrong with CdNIM,AB Spirit or Insurrection Pure 2 since I'm not looking for a Aventus clone per se but a type.Thank you all for the replies!!!

There is a wonderful limited edition Eau de Toilette by an Italian brand known as E. Marinella. Their "100" scent, celebrating their 100 years as a company, is as exquisite and full of class as their suits and ties are. The scent has a cologne-like opening, if a little on the chypre side, but the dry down is pure patchouli and vanilla, just as Aventus. Not even half the price of Aventus in the UK, but no idea if this is even available in the US let alone for how much.

Thread revival. My wife wants to buy me something similar to Executive Man. Has anyone tried Irena's Ginger's Garden Aventus Creed Type? How does that compare?

Thread revival. My wife wants to buy me something similar to Executive Man. Has anyone tried Irena's Ginger's Garden Aventus Creed Type? How does that compare?

Garrett, where are you in AZ? There is one of those purfume/cologne stores in the Wild Horse Pass outlet mall in Chandler that sells AB Lomani Silver. I don't recall the name of the place but it's across and a few stores down from Tommy Bahama. So, if you live close by you could stop in there and check it out. I bought a bottle of it from there (for around $35) and I've been using it quite frequently.

I've smelled it side by side with Creed Aventus and it's more synthetic but still really nice. The best part is that it's inexpensive enough that I enjoy wearing it frequently without giving it a second thought or waiting for a special occasion. Don't get me wrong, it's not as nice as the Creed version, but it's close enough that you know what it's supposed to be and pick up a lot of the same notes. I've even gotten a lot of compliments when wearing it.

Top Bottom