What's new

Pre de Provence

Just wanted to brag on this soap. The only soap I had ever tried was Col Conks, and it didn't work for me. I was at Central Market the other day and bought a tin of the Pre de Provence soap. It's pretty awesome stuff. Great, clean scent. I just finished shaving with it and it was super easy to lather. Loaded a wet brush for only about 10 seconds and face lathered. Great, slick lather. And I have sensitive skin. Especially on my neck. So for me to get an irritation free shave is quite a task. This soap did the job. Anybody else use PdP?

I had PdP when I started and it was actually really nice. I found it a little difficult to dial in (I got inconsistent lathers), but when it was good it was great. The scent is very nice.

It works fine for me but takes too long to load and doesn't have much of a scent. I think Provence Sante is better, which is related in some way to Pre de Provence if I recall correctly.

i own it, i use it, i like it.i dont like the tin though...a bit smaller than i'd like....but the soap is great.CADE is another french veggie soap thats fantastic

Love PdP! The scent is, just different. It's one of my go to's every coupla' weeks. Such a clean scent!

Their aftershave balm is my favorite balm.

Pre de Provence is a wonderful soap that I tend to use more in the summer. I'm puzzled a bit by this as it's high shea butter content makes it wonderfully moisturizing, but I imagine that the herbal lavender scent reminds of me a sumer herb garden.

Pre de Provence is a very good soap. I like Mitchell's a little better, but I find PdP to give a similar face feel as MWF. Both moisturize my face very well. I can get PdP soap and balm (fantastic stuff) locally at a shop in St. Paul, MN, a nice store called Garden of Eden.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Big heavy puck that lasts for years. My tin looks pretty beat up and I just love it. I need to load for a lot longer than 10 seconds, must be my water.

It's a great soap, one of 2 in my rotation this spring (along with RazoRock King Louis Lavender). Great fresh spring scent. Like most soaps, if you use a pretty wet brush and keep working it, you'll have an abundance of rich, moisturizing lather in no time. After trying many soaps, PdP is one of the few that made my permanent rotation.

Adding disclaimer now and date noted, as I will be using Hasslinger shortly and reserve the right to change my mind. :wink2:

The Schafmilch? That's an amazingly good lather and post shave feel.

In fact, I think I'll use it tomorrow for my shave.

Last edited:
Adding disclaimer now and date noted, as I will be using Hasslinger shortly and reserve the right to change my mind. :wink2:
:001_tongu Tough call... I have been using my Haslinger Sheepmilk as a stick and now plan to test the Pré de Provence as a stick too!

I got a puck of Pre de Provence today and used it for the first time. Very nice! I have been using Provence Sante - Green Tea and like them both, I like PS better at this point but maybe just need to spend more time with PdP. Its a excellent upgrade from Col Conk.

Just tried the Pré de Provence as a stick - that is applied directly to face. I used a TGN 2 band for making the lather.

It worked out really well and it's easy to get a good amount of soap into play! The puck is not as hard as I had thought, about like a Haslinger puck. Certainly harder than Mystic Water and Pannacrema but softer than Cade.

I prefer the Provence Sante Green Tea, purely due to the scent. I got a good lather from the PdP but the rosemary scent stuck out the most and that really didn't sit well with me.

Top Bottom