What's new

Deal & Done!

Look what I found at lunch. Poor unwanted babies! Of course I took them home with me.

$photo.jpg

:closedeye:001_rolle

Hanging out at a Walgreens. I may have to stop in the other one here in town, see if there are any other orphans!

Walgreens must be getting rid of that Bay Rum. I found the same deal on the last one at a Walgreens near me the other day. it was also the last one and I gave it a good home at a good price. I wonder if they are not going to sell Pinaud products anymore????

Nice find. The Walgreens here used to carry the bay rum and special reserve. Now they only stock the regular. I think a lot of company's are starting to keep a smaller inventory. I've noticed it at Wal-mart too. Not as many choices on the shelves any more. I've been to 3 or 4 Walgreens and can't find the special reserve. Looks like I'll have to order it online. I was hoping to pick some up locally so I don't have to order a bunch of stuff to justify the shipping charges.

I have had the same experiences at Walgreen's. I picked up a couple pucks of VDH shave soap on clearance. Most of the stores around here don't carry much aftershave splashes. I never used a splash before I started to wet shave and now I can't find too much local.

Stopped by the other Walgreens in town today. They are also discontinueing the Clubman. Got the last they had. Also, their VDH boar brushes are marked down to $4 each, and the VDH soap was $1.50 each. They were out, but I have more soap than I'll ever use anyway. If they had had any, I was going to get it and pif it though. Just FYI, my store manager friend there told me their reset is coming up and they are eliminating a lot of stuff, so go check, if you see an orange tag, it will be 50-75% off.

Nice!

Dumb question, but hey...
Is All Bay Rum essentially the same thing? There are a few types at a local Asian market, in town for a couple bucks. Should I buy some?

So, what's so special about Bay Rum? I plan on finding out soon enough, but is it less drying than alcohol splashes? How does it compare to Witch Hazel?
Man, I still have a lot to learn!

Top Bottom