What's new

Which are your favourite razors?

In no particular order, mine are as follows:

1. Sheraton. Gives a very smooth shave with no effort. I like it so much I recently bought another from a B&B member to use as a travel razor.

2. Eclipse Red Ring. It's impossible not to get a BBS shave with this razor and it is extremely well designed. The only downside is that I can't use it too often without getting irritation.

3. Merkur 37C. It's also impossible not to get a BBS shave with this.

4. Gillette NEW/7 O'Clock/Minora (one of the models unique to England - the heads are identical on these). Always shaves very closely and smoothly.

5. Gillette ball-end Old Type. Can't go wrong with this razor. King C got it right the first time, although I prefer the thicker cap and larger comb over the Single Ring version.

So far, Mergress XL. It's just a great all around razor for me.

Aristocrat. No nonsense, great shaver.

Slim. Another great shaver.

My favorites so far in no particular order:

Gillette New
Gillette New Improved
Red Tip
DE89l

Fatboy may join the list, I had my first shave with one this morning. Liked it, started at 5 which seemed similar to red tip, bumped it up to 6 halfway through felt closer to the New at that setting. Will have to experiment with this one, but the shave was nice. Mine is ugly, but mechanically perfect. Should make a good travel razor, or if we fall in love great candidate for Rhodium replate.

I expect the #15 aristocrat to join my list. I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival to find out. If it doesn't make my top 5, I doubt I will keep it.

Favorites for different reasons

1905 double ring because it's a treat to shave with a 106 year old razor
1958 toggle because it's very mild but a great shaver

1920 old is my go to razor

I have just discovered Gem razors and my Gem Junior gives great shaves. You do have to overcome the ugly razor looks like the jaws of hell syndrome.

Feather All Stainless
Darwin Deluxe
Rhodium President
Silver ABC Empire
Muhle R89

I shave with the Muhle more than any of the others, though.

Kind of an odd question to post on a razor enthusiast site...but here goes...

I have been a DE shaver for months and although I have most of the models Gillette made, I have not shaved with most of them as I have been focusing on finding the right blade for me. I have used a ball-end Tech, ball-end Old Type, Long Comb NEW, red-tip, black-tip, Slim and a 1950 Aristocrat. All were great shavers! However, I believe I have found my blade as I have recently acquired some mysterious blades that the seller threw in as a freebie on my last order. I think they are Gillette Super Blueues from China but I am not sure. They sure are smooth! So I should be able to start some serious razor rotation with my awesome blades!

Having said all that, I believe my favorite razor right now is my newly replated, Long Comb NEW with custom fluted wood handle from Bob's Razor Works. But aren't they all awesome?!

My present rotation,
1st (Go To ) 1953 President : Red Personna or Feather
2nd Vintage Pomco slant bar : Red Personna
3rd Schick Krona : Feather ( yes a KRONA ! )
4th Open Comb 1920's Old Type ( I like to use this one for a 3 pass before Church ) Give me that old time religion.............. :)

I'm adding the Merkur 39C to my list. I've been using it for a few days now and I'mreally impressed with my shaves.

I have three fatboys,this one shaves the best,I don't know why.

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Top Bottom