Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 258 of 261 = 98.9%
Blackland Brotherhood
Single Edge September (SEptember) 2022
Single Edge Sunday
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
20220918_084718~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Stainless Vector (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (3)
Brush: @apshaveco Green/Black (AP Shave Co 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Aftershave: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Fragrance: Classic Match Homme

Had several spots removed by the dermatologist and have not been shaving until my face healed up. Pleased to report that my face is feeling a bit better, certainly good enough to try a 2-pass shave (staying WTG on my face). My heartfelt thanks to those who sent prayers and good wishes. Thank you. :)

The SS Vector is currently my favorite razor! The GTC 25g handle complements the SS Vector head beautifully. The Kai MG blade is a perfect match for the Vector, kind to my face while still being quite effective. Awesome razor. I can't wait to shave with the Ti Vector when it arrives! :thumbup:
20220918_084808~2.jpg

The AP Shave Co Black Green is a wonderful brush. Lathers great. Feels great. I really like the G5C Fan! :thumbup:
20220913_100742~2.jpg

Stayed with The Dead Sea soap, The Dead Sea Aftershave and Classic Match Homme EdT Spray again today. Very satisfying combination! :thumbup:

Superb top tier shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 259 of 262 = 98.9%
Blackland Brotherhood
MdC Monday
20220919_100249~2.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: RazoRock Zi' Peppino
Fragrance: Cuba Royal EdT Spray

Things continue to improve, but still taking it easy on my face. WTG on my face. WTG, ATG & XTG on my neck. :)

Staying with the SS Vector + GTC 25g Handle + Kai MG blade again today. Awesome combination! :thumbup:
20220919_100409~2.jpg

The Frickwerkz brush feels substantial in the hand - very comfortable. It quickly and easily whips up a wonderful lather. A very nice brush! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre Nature is an awesome soap. Unscented, but smells really clean. Beautiful lather, nice and slick. A top tier soap in all respects! :thumbup:
20220919_100503~2.jpg

RazoRock Zi' Peppino has a very fresh tobacco flower scent. Quite refreshing! :thumbup:
Cuba Royal EdT Spray has a tobacco scent that complements the Zi' Peppino. I like it! Very satisfying combination! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 260 of 263 = 98.9%
Blackland Brotherhood
20220920_150710~3.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot)
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: RazoRock Nomad
Fragrance: Belcam Gender 2BU

Staying with the SS Vector + GTC 25g Handle + Kai MG blade again today. Awesome combination! :thumbup:
20220920_150804~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush feels great and performs even better. A very nice brush! :thumbup:

Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood is a top tier tub cream. Outstanding lather. Luxurious scent. Great post-shave face feel! :thumbup:
20220920_151240~2.jpg

RazoRock Nomad Aftershave matches up nicely with the CRS Indian Sandalwood. Belcam G2BU EdT is a wonderful complement and a great scent! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 261 of 264 = 98.9%
Blackland Brotherhood
20220921_143339~2.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (6)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26MM Original BOSS Fan)

20220921_143444~2.jpg

The Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash brush is comfortable on the face. Lathers wonderfully. Great performance! :thumbup:
20220920_151240~2.jpg

Also staying with the Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood tub cream, RazoRock Nomad Aftershave and Belcam G2BU EdT Spray. Wonderful combination and a great overall scent! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David,

Congrats on the Ti Vector. I know it's been on your radar for a long time. I hope it's everything you expect and more.

I'm also glad your face is healing up enough to enable you to shave again.
Thank you Kim. :)

I've modified my standard 3-Pass plus Touchup Pass process to give my face a break. Closer to 2 1/2 passes. Have been using the Stainless Vector SB with Kai Protouch MG blade. Decent enough results with zero irritation - even to the areas where he zapped suspicious spots. Really looking forward to seeing how the Ti Vector compares. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 262 of 265 = 98.9%
Blackland Brotherhood
Blackland Thursday
20220922_161617~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (1)
Brush: @apshaveco White (AP Shave Co 26mm G5C Fan)

First shave with the Ti Vector. Using the same handle, but a new blade (the one I used yesterday would now be on shave 7). Comparison between the Ti and Stainless Vectors:
  • Efficiency: Pretty much equal efficiency.
  • Smoothness: Both Vectors are extremely smooth, but the Ti is smoother. Same kind of difference noted between the Ti and SS Blackbirds.
  • Nimble and Maneuverable: Both Vectors are exceptionally nimble and maneuverable. The extra smoothness of the Ti Vector gives it a slight nod.
  • Predictable: Both Vectors are exceptionally predictable. They don't chatter, jump around or do anything untoward. They just go exactly where I tell them to go and do exactly what I tell them to do.
  • Overall effectiveness: Both Vectors are extremely effective, with the nod going to the Ti Vector based on the higher smoothness plus higher nimble and maneuverable attributes.
I'll be using the Ti Vector SB for several days to confirm my initial impressions. If subsequent shaves hold up, the Ti Vector will nudge the Stainless Vector SB out of the Overall Alpha Big Dog rating. No doubt that the Ti Vector is an awesome razor! :thumbup:
20220922_161703~2.jpg

The AP Shave Co White is a really cool, and extremely cost effective brush. The G5C knot builds great lathers and feels great on my face. Outstanding performance! :thumbup:
20220920_151240~2.jpg

Staying with the Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood tub cream, RazoRock Nomad Aftershave and Belcam G2BU EdT Spray. Wonderful combination and a great overall scent! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 263 of 266 = 98.9%
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
Clubman Friday
20220923_152448~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2020 Contributors Brush (TNS 24mm Original BOSS knot)
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray

Second shave with the Ti Vector was as good as the first! There is little doubt in my mind that the Ti Vector will take the title of Overall Alpha Big Dog in my Den. The Ti Vector is an awesome razor! :thumbup:
20220923_152547~2.jpg

The @Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors brush is fantastic! Outstanding performance! :thumbup:

PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu is an awesome soap. There are very few soaps out there with performance this good. Outstanding post shave face feel! :thumbup:
20220923_152648~2.jpg

The combination of Bootlegger's El Dorado aftershave + Belcam Volatile EdT Spray fragrance is (for me, at least) as good as it gets. Very bold and satisfying! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shaved late and was too tired to post, so here is Saturday's shave.

Saturday 20220924
365 Shaves in 2022: 264 of 267 = 98.9%
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
20220924_202944~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (3)
Brush: @apshaveco Jade (AP Shave Co 26mm Synbad Fan)
Lather: PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray

Third shave with the Ti Vector. Every bit as good as the first two! As with the Ti Blackbird, the Ti Vector leaves my face feeling really nice. Great post-shave face feel. I'll keep saying it: The Ti Vector is an awesome razor! :thumbup:
20220924_203041~2.jpg

The AP Shave Co Jade is a wonderful brush. Lathers great. Feels great. :thumbup:

PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu is an awesome soap. There are very few soaps out there with performance this good. Outstanding post shave face feel! :thumbup:
20220924_203139~2.jpg

The combination of Bootlegger's El Dorado aftershave + Belcam Volatile EdT Spray fragrance is (for me, at least) as good as it gets. Very bold and satisfying! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Reflecting on how I got to the point where I want all of my shaves to be with the Ti Vector. This razor really has my attention. :001_wub:

Will this attraction last? And for how long?Who knows. I'm sure that I'll still get in shaves with my other Big Dogs, but the bar has been raised! :)

Top Bottom