What's new

A cheap, lazy man asking for opinions

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am thinking about buying not one, but TWO different vintage Avon aftershave or colognes from "that city by the 'Bay". They are Cool Sage and Brisk Spice.

My question: are they werth the "Wrath of the War Department" and her never ending quest of making sure that I die a "Millionaire Next Door" when all I want to do is live NEXTDOOR to a millionaire?

All answers are appreciated, but I'd appreciate it even MORE if y'all stay on topic as well as I do in your posts. You KNOW how much I HATE thread derailments!

Last edited:
Not to derail your thread, but why spend "her money" on Old Spice? Here's a "better idea". Peel the wrapper off a stick of Arko, cut it in half, mash each half flat, and put one in your pants pocket and one in your shirt pocket. You'll smell good all over for days, weeks, months, probably even years.

FarmerTan

@Big_T , it's OUR money, but in NAME only, lol.

I had no idea she had money when I agreed to marry her, or we'd have dated for less than a month before I popped the question!

LoL, I never did ask her to marry me; I just assumed she would!

When the right one comes in for a haircut, you just KNOW, ya know?

Oh heck, I just re-read your post, it's vintage Avon you want, not Old Spice. Please ignore my post and just buy it and face her wrath. LoL

I don't know I have heard about your thing for aftershaves. You need somthing that will repell her wrath. Is that why you like Arko so much?

You ain't met her.

I'M the romantic in this relationship.

She'd just yell at the expense of the flowers.
If I need to get out of the doghouse I just do the dishes, vacuum, etc.... TRUE STORY DOGGONE!
I kinda like that practicality. Y’all looking to adopt? I believe I’m done buying razors; I cook and clean; all I need is two more knives for my kitchen. Maybe three.

FarmerTan

I kinda like that practicality. Y’all looking to adopt? I believe I’m done buying razors; I cook and clean; all I need is two more knives for my kitchen. Maybe three.
If we adopt you, she'll cut you down to one butter knife and one sharp knife. If she's in a good mood, you MIGHT get to choose your own sharp knife.

Top Bottom