What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
My personal experience with Arko makes it easy to do so.
I'm truly shocked and chagrined. I never imagined such a thing. Not just urinal cakes, but recycled urinal cakes? I know the ancient Romans used human urine to launder their clothes; perhaps the practice persisted and was adapted in Constantinople for shaving? Have you encountered any evidence for this in your "This Day in History" research?

I'm truly shocked and chagrined. I never imagined such a thing. Not just urinal cakes, but recycled urinal cakes? I know the ancient Romans used human urine to launder their clothes; perhaps the practice persisted and was adapted in Constantinople for shaving? Have you encountered any evidence for this in your "This Day in History" research?
Well that idea easily could open a can of political worms so better not.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I think that it was Suleiman the Magnificent who proclaimed that all the used urinal cakes in the empire would be collected and used to make shaving soap. Many historians credit this proclamation with the decline and fall of the Ottoman empire

Owen Bawn

I think that it was Suleiman the Magnificent who proclaimed that all the used urinal cakes in the empire would be collected and used to make shaving soap. Many historians credit this proclamation with the decline and fall of the Ottoman empire
Or it could be a fabrication... a creation in the mind of one or another of these Arko haters. I was hoping for archival evidence of some kind. Without it I remain skeptical.

The urinal cake was patented in 1922. Arko's parent company was founded in 1927, a mere five years later. A coincidence? I think not. Five years would be just enough time to amass enough urinal cakes to begin worldwide production, followed by global domination and ultimately, the insidious infiltration of every shaving cabinet on the planet. Have you noticed the absence of urinal cakes during your rest stops on the highway? Gym lavatories, roadside gas stations, theaters?!! Oh, one or two at first, then whole stalls of missing cakes! Soon, whole cities, whole counties! Cake-less!

Owen Bawn

The urinal cake was patented in 1922. Arko's parent company was founded in 1927, a mere five years later. A coincidence? I think not. Five years would be just enough time to amass enough urinal cakes to begin worldwide production, followed by global domination and ultimately, the insidious infiltration of every shaving cabinet on the planet. Have you noticed the absence of urinal cakes during your rest stops on the highway? Gym lavatories, roadside gas stations, theaters?!! Oh, one or two at first, then whole stalls of missing cakes! Soon, whole cities, whole counties! Cake-less!

Actually if you read this entire thread you'll learn that one member sniffed every urinal cake in every roadside men's room along the highway that parallels the old Goodnight Loving trail from west Texas to Denver. And I'm also not sure when the public urinal was first introduced to Turkey. Finally, I suspect Arko didn't travel very far west until after WWII and the development of the Common Market, which later became the EEC, and then the EU. But these are areas awaiting further research.

Actually if you read this entire thread you'll learn that one member sniffed every urinal cake in every roadside men's room along the highway that parallels the old Goodnight Loving trail from west Texas to Denver. And I'm also not sure when the public urinal was first introduced to Turkey. Finally, I suspect Arko didn't travel very far west until after WWII and the development of the Common Market, which later became the EEC, and then the EU. But these are areas awaiting further research.

All I know is, that wasn't there yesterday! Res ipsa loquitur. :blink:
20210527_170457.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Or it could be a fabrication... a creation in the mind of one or another of these Arko haters. I was hoping for archival evidence of some kind. Without it I remain skeptical.
Sorry if I have given you the impression that I hate Arko, nothing could.be further from the truth, the lather is good (not great) the slickness is excellent, the price is incredible for what you get. The only problem is that I have a working sense of smell, if they could make it smell like Stirling Sharp Dressed Man I would be all over it

I am sad and concerned.

I am sad because I really like Arko and only have residual Arko-Snarko left in me (c) @Owen Bawn . It was perfect for a warm summer-like day when a heavy artisanal fragrance would have been too much.

When I used it this morning I was quite pleased that it did not smell like a urinal cake in the heat of summer, but more like an old urinal cake in a state park restroom when autumn is turning into winter.

I am concerned because I might have a diagnosable problem if I start to take an extra moment in the men's room to appreciate the smell of Arko.

Owen Bawn

No one has provided any scientific evidence that Arko smells like a urinal cake. Someone said it years ago and we in this degraded age are so unimaginative it is the only description we can conjure. And not without reason. I believe the "Arko smells like a urinal" belief persists because children no longer study poetry in school, and as a result we have raised an entire generation of adults unable to imagine a creative metaphor or simile.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No one has provided any scientific evidence that Arko smells like a urinal cake. Someone said it years ago and we in this degraded age are so unimaginative it is the only description we can conjure. And not without reason. I believe the "Arko smells like a urinal" belief persists because children no longer study poetry in school, and as a result we have raised an entire generation of adults unable to imagine a creative metaphor or simile.
What HE said!

(Even if the poor guy cain't spell "smile" korreck like.....the dumb hick...)

Top Bottom