What's new

Stimulus Payments

While our SS checks get direct deposit, our income tax refunds are by check, so we'll have to wait. We ain't rich, so stimulus goes to kids and grandkids who need it more than us. Wishing there was $4,000 coming. With covid, some are struggling thru no fault of their own. Not that either party cares.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When my lovely bride gets home I'll have her look into it for me!

She'll undoubtedly want to use it for something practical, dang it.

Practical? Ours (plus a few hundred more) is going right back to the state to pay property taxes. We‘ll never really see any of it

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Acmemfg:
proxy.php
Our $1,200 is in the bank, but 'pending' (opening of the next business day for funds available)! :thumbsup:

Stimulas Cheques.png
"Yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is a [stimulas cheque]; today is the only cash you have - so spend it wisely". Kay Lyons

Last edited:
$600 after 7 months. Wow (rolling eyes). Hardly enough for many, many people. @njpaddy said it, neither party cares. Congress is absolutely broken.

This one is a hard one for me. In my mind I think they should have capped it at far lower than 75K individual/ 150K household +more for dependents and in contrast they could have given far more to folks closer to the mean US household income and below (which my understanding is the house hold (dual income) mean is closer to 65K or so.

My guess however is a far lower cap gets a pretty large negative perception as it feels like a "give away" so would not be supported and I think uniquely with this recession - given mortgage payments and the like perhaps it makes a bit more sense to have the higher cap. While it would be a bit harder to implement - one possibility might be folks who are are still receiving the same paycheck [ e.g. no loss in income from 2019 ] above 75K (household) don't get the stimulus payment - but that doesn't seem implementable (as far as I can tell)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Haven't looked yet.

The last one went toward appliances we needed: Small window air conditioner, new hot water tank, clothes dryer, and refrigerator.

Practical? Ours (plus a few hundred more) is going right back to the state to pay property taxes. We‘ll never really see any of it

This. It won't pay all of it but it will make a pretty good dent in it.

My tax money is going right back to another govt. agency.

Legion

Staff member
In Australia only people who are already receiving some sort of welfare payment got it. Pensioners, single parents, people who lost their job, and so on.

IMO that was the best way to do it, because the money went to a) the people who needed it most, an b) the people who are most likely to eject it straight back into the economy, rather than let it sit in their bank account.

I received two letters saying that my stimulus payment was coming but have never actually received a payment. If it ever does comes, I will do the right thing and send it straight to Max Sprecher in Los Vegas.

And speaking of government checks.....

I was an enumerator for the US Census Bureau and I have yet to receive my final paycheck for wages earned the second week of October 2020. I have exhausted all attempts via E-mail and phone. I am owed nearly $900.

2 weeks ago I filled out a privacy act statement so that my congressman can investigate why I haven't been paid. I'm not the only one, either.

Legion

Staff member
I received two letters saying that my stimulus payment was coming but have never actually received a payment. If it ever does comes, I will do the right thing and send it straight to Max Sprecher in Los Vegas.
Then hopefully the government will find someone more likely to help our local economy to give our tax dollars to.

sorry Max.

I never got the first one !!!! I filed my return and waited for the check but it never showed !!!! Probably will be the same with this one too ......

Top Bottom