What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Back in the day, watched this with my (now in their 20s & 30s) kids. Just now checked it out again. Very sweet. The middle child character, Phyllis, has some of the funniest lines & delivery I've seen in some time :redface-new:

proxy.php

From Caligari to Hitler. An excellent (subtitled) German documentary on Weimar Germany, as seen through the films of the era. I highly recommend it, especially if anyone is a fan of the great German silent films, through M and the rise of Nazism.

Last edited:
From Caligari to Hitler. An excellent (subtitled) German documentary on Weimar Germany, as seen through the films of the era. I highly recommend it, especially if anyone is a fan of the great German silent films, through M and the rise of Nazism.
is it on streaming service?

Anyone ever watch The Girl That Kicked The Hornets Nest? I started to watch it and discovered it is in Swedish with subtitles. I’m not sure I want to struggle through subtitles.

Why can’t Alexa read them for me? Yes, I’m that lazy!
The books are MUCH better IMO. I thought the Swedish movie was good but my wife found it very disturbing.

Frau im Mond (Women in the Moon), Fritz Lang's last silent film from 1929. An early syfy movie, noted for having the first ever countdown to a rocket launch in film, or in real life. I dvr'd it off TCM last weekend because I still haven't unpacked my boxes of silent films from our move this month. A Lang fan for years, I have multiple copies of most, from older US and PAL dvd's to the Lang blu-ray box set. Based on picture quality, it looks like TCM ran the blu-ray. Great shadows and picture quality however, given a choice, I still prefer my 2004 Kino dvd, because of the Jon Mirsalis score. When I watch a silent film, and I have hundreds, the score is as important as the picture quality.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The Foreigner with Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan. A surprisingly good action thriller with great and very different performances from the two leads.

Godfather Coda. A reedited version of Godfather 3. I believe they deemphasized some story lines and focused more on Michael.

Top Bottom