What's new

Game Changer .68, .84 or BBS?

I have the 0.68 OC, 0.68 Jaws, 0.84 and the BBS. I have had a few shaves with the 0.84 and one shave with each of the other ones so far.
Both 0.68 have basically no blade feel, but they're very efficient. The 0.84 has a bit more blade feel, but efficiency wise, it seems to be about the same. The blade feel of the BBS varies depending on the angle. When riding the top cap, there's basically none, like with the 0.68 GameChangers. However, when the angle is off, it has even more blade feel than the 0.84. The first shave I had with the BBS today was a bit rushed, and my face was a little irritated from yesterday's use of the iKon SBS. The first impression is that it's as efficient as the Game Changers, but I haven't been using the Baby Smooth much lately, so I'll need to spend more time with the BBS to reacquaint myself with the geometry.

I have the 0.68 OC, 0.68 Jaws, 0.84 and the BBS. I have had a few shaves with the 0.84 and one shave with each of the other ones so far.
Both 0.68 have basically no blade feel, but they're very efficient. The 0.84 has a bit more blade feel, but efficiency wise, it seems to be about the same. The blade feel of the BBS varies depending on the angle. When riding the top cap, there's basically none, like with the 0.68 GameChangers. However, when the angle is off, it has even more blade feel than the 0.84. The first shave I had with the BBS today was a bit rushed, and my face was a little irritated from yesterday's use of the iKon SBS. The first impression is that it's as efficient as the Game Changers, but I haven't been using the Baby Smooth much lately, so I'll need to spend more time with the BBS to reacquaint myself with the geometry.
Thanks for the info!!

Wow! Really nicely written up. This is helpful stuff.

I don't have not have I tried the BBS, but I have owned the GC68 and GC84 and which one of those you should get is based entirely on your skin type and technique. If you have sensitive skin like I do, then the GC84 will be too aggressive to use as a daily driver. I could shave with it once or twice a week, but that was it...otherwise, I would build irritation. The GC68 is super smooth, in my opinion the smoothest of all RR razors I have tried. It isn't extremely efficient but plenty efficient enough to get a BBS shave with 3 passes.

If you require less than 3 passes, then the GC84 may be a better fit and if you have tough facial skin and a need for excitement, then the GC84 is again the right choice.

I have multiple Game Changers and I'd say most people will like the 68 OC. The SB 84 is also nice but it can be a little too much if you shave everyday. SB 68 for people who like a milder razor. I have a BBS Ti and it shaves fine but I honestly don't use it much.

It’s hard to beat the fact that there are six plates for the GC. If you already have a mild razor like a 34C or a DE89, I would recommend the GC .84 SB and then step up in efficiency to the .68 OC - yes, it is a step up. The .84 JAWS is more of a leap up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're looking for mild shaves, GC68 or BBS will do better. If you're looking for efficient option, go with GC84. Personally, I enjoy all of them.

I'd say those are pretty similar. I mean mild as low blade feel.
Thanks. I have a .84 on the way, and I'm hoping I bet the right way on the purchase. I can always sell or trade to wind up with a .68, but I'd rather just be right and be done with it.

Thanks. I have a .84 on the way, and I'm hoping I bet the right way on the purchase. I can always sell or trade to wind up with a .68, but I'd rather just be right and be done with it.
Game Changers are easily sold on BST. No problems with that.

GC84 is my favorite out of the three by slight. I thought it'd be too aggressive but it's perfect for me. I don't overbuff and just keep it light with the touch. I get very close to BBS without going for it. Really a nice razor.

Top Bottom