What's new

New Ingredient for Artisan Soaps

Flipping though cable channels. Green Acres is on and Mr. Haney is pitching "Haney's Rejuvenating Cream". Loaded with Hamster Milk!

I'm swearing off all artisan's until I can get some hamster milk! LOL
Hamster definitely has superior post-shave feel.
:laugh:

Oh boy!!

I'm gonna quit my job. Take out a 2nd mortgage on the house and start a hamster milking farm in my back yard.

I'm going to be rich$$$

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
This is from an article I found on the internet, do a search for Mouse milking machines.

1595349322472.png

1595349429074.png

Actually all the brands that cite milk: donkey, hamster, camel, water buffalo, sheep, goat ... EVERYTHING IS FALSE
There is no such milk, but there is an industry of 'soap bases', in the UK, that manufactures these 'placebos' to encourage the market, since the user is enthusiastic about this nonsense.

But everything, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, the market (and I include the artisan), use a commercial base to which they add other improvements to differentiate themselves

But nobody uses milk of any kind, it's a joke, a marketing trick to convince us (they know perfectly well that we are idiots looking for a unicorn!)

There are strict labeling laws in most countries. Thus, if the product does not contain the ingredients listed, the producer would be subject to criminal and civil penalties. If you have evidence to the contrary, please produce it.

Various milks from cow, donkey, sheet, goat, water buffalo, and camel (I am not so sure about hamster milk) are readily available. Various types of milk has been a stable of skin care since ancient times. Thus, inclusion of various milk products into artisan soaps is not at all unusual. Some artisan soaps also include yogurt or milk whey. The reason you see different type of milk being uses is that every mammal produces milk, but not all milk is the same. There is even a market for milk produced by humans, but I am not aware if it being used for production of soaps.

Appreciate that all the examples of magic ingredients so far have been milks, but did look at a shaving soap somewhere yesterday that listed radish oil as an ingredient. I never knew!!!

Appreciate that all the examples of magic ingredients so far have been milks, but did look at a shaving soap somewhere yesterday that listed radish oil as an ingredient. I never knew!!!

Radish oil is also known as Daikon seed oil. It is cold pressed from the seeds of radishes, often the seeds of the black radish which is seldom used for food. The oil is supposed to have superb antioxidant properties, so it is good for the skin. Another similar oil is Meadowfoam Seed oil which is used in a number of artisan shaving soaps.

The poster child for exotic ingredients in shaving soaps is the Nai vegan soap produced by Grooming Department. It has 55 different ingredients in the formulation. However, in this case milk is not one of the ingredients as it is a strictly vegan soap.

I stumbled across an item in a shaving goods seller's on-line store: Ant Egg Oil. It supposedly has been used for centuries & contains a protein that inhibits hair growth.
Sounds like an ideal gift for your Aunt Sasquatch, to help manage her hairy upper lip.

Top Bottom