What's new

Yaqi Barber Pole with Mew Brown Knot

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered my first synthetic brush last week and landed on Yaqi's barber pole 24 mm with a mew brown knot. It was waiting for me today when I got home.

This thing is beautiful in so many ways. First, the handle is big. I love that! My whole hand covers the handle with room left over. That feels meaty and gives a great grip. That knot is nicely balanced. It has good backbone so it is not floppy and the tips on the face feel like silk. I mean it. Silky smooth.

I'm going to use it later this week and will report back on it in action.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new brush ! Very handsome indeed ! Enjoy !
I've been enjoying my two Yaqi synthetics for quite a while now, and they both
create a rich creamy lather with a variety of soaps. My Yaqi Tuxedo (on the left)
has been working extremely well with Stirling, and my Yaqi Chianti (on the right)
gets along very nicely with Ariana & Evans.

IMG_3085.jpg

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered my first synthetic brush last week and landed on Yaqi's barber pole 24 mm with a mew brown knot. It was waiting for me today when I got home.

This thing is beautiful in so many ways. First, the handle is big. I love that! My whole hand covers the handle with room left over. That feels meaty and gives a great grip. That knot is nicely balanced. It has good backbone so it is not floppy and the tips on the face feel like silk. I mean it. Silky smooth.

I'm going to use it later this week and will report back on it in action.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Great looking brush you got there! I have the same knot but in the Moka handle. It's a nice and soft synthetic but once you splay it, it feels slightly different. There is a bit of prickly feel and a good amount of the backbone so I was not a big fan of it at first. However, after using it more, I learned to love the scrub and it's one of my favorite now. Definitely not the softest but it works well.

Great looking brush you got there! I have the same knot but in the Moka handle. It's a nice and soft synthetic but once you splay it, it feels slightly different. There is a bit of prickly feel and a good amount of the backbone so I was not a big fan of it at first. However, after using it more, I learned to love the scrub and it's one of my favorite now. Definitely not the softest but it works well.
If you are looking for soft and not scruby get Yaqi Timberwolf

If you are looking for soft and not scruby get Yaqi Timberwolf
I've heard a lot of good things about the Timberwolf. But I already have couple Tuxedo knots and I feel that they're similar in feel. Have you compared Tuxedo to Timberwolf knot before?

I've heard a lot of good things about the Timberwolf. But I already have couple Tuxedo knots and I feel that they're similar in feel. Have you compared Tuxedo to Timberwolf knot before?
Sorry no but I have read here that Tuxedo has more backbone this why I got Timberwolf which is one of top 3 synthetic brushes I have

I have the same handle with a 2 band badger knot, bought before my conversion to synthetics, it's a fantastic handle indeed!

This brush holds a surprising amount of water. Even after squeezing some of that water out, I managed to get a wet lather. I'll have to make sure that I use even less water tomorrow.

I didn't really notice the prickly feel you mentioned, but that may be because this is my first synth, so compared to come of my boars and badgers, this is soft in comparison. It is definitely a real pleasure to hold. This may be my favorite handle. All in all, I really like the brush. It's a keeper and if you are considering one, I recommend it.

Top Bottom