What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Sure, anytime! :001_tt2:
Same to you my good friend......:thumbup:

I don’t think I can post a link from another forum. Might break a rule or something. But, here’s a few pics from the Gentleman tester/reviewer of his go with the prototype....

View attachment 991049

View attachment 991050

View attachment 991051

View attachment 991052

View attachment 991053

View attachment 991054

View attachment 991055

View attachment 991056
That's a nice looking lineup of modern razors, and the Stirling razor is so unique looking compared to the others! I want one even more now!

Absolutely my friend. Especially with a current review that was posted yesterday on another forum, it was very impressive and telling. I think this razor will be a surprise to many especially if Stirling keeps it at the price point mentioned.

Happy shaves my friend and a Happy Father’s Day to you amigo.... :punk:

Same to you my friend! Enjoy the Steak & Ale!

:punk:

What are the rest of the Razors in the picture?
Nice looking handles

They are a Paradigm 17-4, ATT Copper Windsor H plate, Stirling prototype w hyper efficient plate, Karve SB F plate & GameChanger 84 on Razorock Titanium Halo handle. They all represent Gillette Tech inspired high end razors.

I guess I'm the odd one out here, but I don't find the design appealing, head nor handle.
I love Stirling, and in fact just received another order yesterday from them, but the razor head looks chunky and unrefined. It almost looks like it's not symmetric, too. The handle I don't like at all.

I guess time will tell how much change they make and what kind of a shaver it will be, but at first glance I'm not even remotely interested in this one.

Executive Man is the Aventus knock off...
I didn't know that! I use Executive Man all the time (along with the matching balm). I also have Platinum aftershave by Fine, which is said to be an Aventus-inspired scent. To my nose, they are different. Since I've never actually sniffed Creed's Aventus I can't say which one is closest to the original. Opinions?

I don't know the Platinum. The Stirling is a very nice scent that I like very much. But to my nose it is just inspired by Aventus, and IMHO quite far from the original scent.
I wasn't that impressed by Creed's Aventus. For my liking it was to smoky. I prefer e.g. Insurrection Pure 2, maybe not that "sexy" and "confident" smelling, but a much fresher (and for me nicer) scent.

I find Mountain Man pretty light but still nice. All the others I have (SandPiper, MITA, Pharoahs Dreamsicle) are all nice and strong scented.
Idk about the soap but last time I used mountain man aftershave, I got a compliment at lunch and at dinner. Pretty good for an aftershave.

I didn't know that! I use Executive Man all the time (along with the matching balm). I also have Platinum aftershave by Fine, which is said to be an Aventus-inspired scent. To my nose, they are different. Since I've never actually sniffed Creed's Aventus I can't say which one is closest to the original. Opinions?

Fine Platinum smells different at first because of the menthol. Executive Man does a pretty good Aventus imitation in the top notes but doesn't have the same drydown.

I guess I'm the odd one out here, but I don't find the design appealing, head nor handle.
I love Stirling, and in fact just received another order yesterday from them, but the razor head looks chunky and unrefined. It almost looks like it's not symmetric, too. The handle I don't like at all.

I guess time will tell how much change they make and what kind of a shaver it will be, but at first glance I'm not even remotely interested in this one.

Agree. Also, that handle design is really weird. I like to hold the razor near the head, but the handle looks like it’s designed exactly for the opposite.

I was in for maybe purchasing just the head back when I made the assumption that, since it was Stirling, it would be more value priced.

I think it looks okay... And might be interested in paying maybe $40 for just a head . I have plenty of handles .

But I agree with you about that particular handle for sure.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

It's funny, I find the Sharp Dressed Man scent to be too strong(!) I enjoyed it in the sample size, enough to buy a jar, but in the jar it's just too much, and I don't use it. Small possibility that different batches have different strengths, large possibility that I just prefer light scents.

It's funny, I find the Sharp Dressed Man scent to be too strong(!) I enjoyed it in the sample size, enough to buy a jar, but in the jar it's just too much, and I don't use it. Small possibility that different batches have different strengths, large possibility that I just prefer light scents.
Have you tried leaving the jar open for a couple days to let it air out some. This sometimes will help a soap mellow out slightly.

I guess we all have different perceptions on what “strong” scent is. Like I originally said, relative to other soaps, I just find SDM weaker on scent...though I do enjoy it nonetheless. I just received a tub of Piacenza and find that one a little stronger, which is also a fantastic scent.

Funny thing with Stirling is that they either see what I click and browse or just have a knack for picking out just the right free sample to send, because every time I get a soap from them, the free bath soap sample is always in a scent I was considering buying lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree that the handle on this razor may not be something for everyones taste but neither is a Wolfman WR7 handle imo!! Even if Rod was to offer this in a head only option the price really wouldn't be that much cheaper. Just look at RR and the GC. Its $55 w/ and $50 w/o the handle so is the $5 going to break someone? Just buy the complete razor and either throw the handle in a drawer or sell it on the BST to get some of your money back!!

Stirling is a fantastic company. I am sure if you reach out to them they will want to satisfy you 100%.
You can not go wrong with a small 3 buck sample puck and find the AS in the 4 for 10 sample. In this day and age to have a set (soap and AS )for 7ish$.
Plus tell me of any company that ALWAYS includes something FREE with every order. And they even have a rewards program.

I heard (not offically released) that the razor in matte finish will be around $100 and the polish version a little more. I realize that IB offers most but not all stainless steel razors for way under $100 and I have no idea how he accomplishes it. Mystery of life.

I heard (not offically released) that the razor in matte finish will be around $100 and the polish version a little more. I realize that IB offers most but not all stainless steel razors for way under $100 and I have no idea how he accomplishes it. Mystery of life.
I think IB can offer a cheaper price because he orders in higher quantities than other vendors.

I think the Stirling razor will be machined in the US, so $100 seems reasonable to me. I like the design of the handle too. It looks different than anything else on the market.

Top Bottom