What's new

Zorrik BBS

I was supposed to meet somebody for breakfast this morning and got up late. I had to rush. I didn't have time for a shower, so my beard wasn't as pre-softened as usual. The blade in my razor was a Zorrik (Super Platinum) that already had 3 shaves on it. I quickly smeared some Suavecito on and face-lathered using a boar. I rushed through the first (wtg) pass in record time and then reapplied the shaving brush without even adding more cream, so all I had was the thinnest layer of soap on my face for the second and final (atg) pass, which broke my previous record of a few seconds earlier.

I then rinsed off my face and applied some 4711. There was no sting whatsoever, and I could immediately tell I'd just given myself one of the best shaves of my life. Was it the Zorrik on its 4th go-round? The (lack of) lather? I can't figure it out, but if this is what it takes, then I need to replicate this experience.

Sometimes when not expecting it, when not even encouraging or promoting it, a shave just comes together to be perfectly awesome. And then on attempted replication, it falls short.

God, there's a lot of variables in this.

What's the proper format for a review?

There is no proper format. Just give your impressions on sharpness, smoothness, how many shaves it lasts, would you buy it again, cost, and anything else you care to mention. In other words, what you consider the most important features of a blade; what you look for, and does it meet your needs.

I was supposed to meet somebody for breakfast this morning and got up late. I had to rush. I didn't have time for a shower, so my beard wasn't as pre-softened as usual. The blade in my razor was a Zorrik (Super Platinum) that already had 3 shaves on it. I quickly smeared some Suavecito on and face-lathered using a boar. I rushed through the first (wtg) pass in record time and then reapplied the shaving brush without even adding more cream, so all I had was the thinnest layer of soap on my face for the second and final (atg) pass, which broke my previous record of a few seconds earlier.

I then rinsed off my face and applied some 4711. There was no sting whatsoever, and I could immediately tell I'd just given myself one of the best shaves of my life. Was it the Zorrik on its 4th go-round? The (lack of) lather? I can't figure it out, but if this is what it takes, then I need to replicate this experience.
This is good to know. Waiting for a couple of these and Zorrik Talvar to arrive from the GBE. Hoping they will be as good when I try them

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

This is good to know. Waiting for a couple of these and Zorrik Talvar to arrive from the GBE. Hoping they will be as good when I try them

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
I don't know that it was quite as good, but I pretty much did the same thing this morning and got a good shave. I used a PermaSharp (probably third use?) yesterday and got an ok shave. Then again this morning, a quick 2-passer using the Zorrik (now for the fifth time) and got at least a DFS with no irritation.
YMMV but I'm very pleasantly surprised at how this blade is performing.

I took my shower and shaved tonight for Sunday morning, and used the Zorrik Super Platinum in my razor for the sixth time... this time a careful 3-pass. BBS, zero irritation. I just ordered myself 100 of these gems.

I bought a whole bunch of Vidyut Super Platinum blades a while ago whilst on Holiday (about 500 of them!) and the packaging is very very similar to the Zorrik (having just googled it), it's made in India by Super-max. I bet it's the same blade!

I always used them in preference to English Wilkies and Derby blades when I didn't know much about DE shaving (I just shaved with a DE razor but knew nothing about different blades, razors etc). I remember that whenever I tried any different blades, they tugged and pulled, even when I tried some blades I got free with a razor (a small sample pack) that contained a Feather blade, a Treet Platinum a Muhle blade etc, I always went back to the Vidyut.

I've now discovered DE shaving properly and shave with a Feather blade in a Feather AS-D2 after trying many razors, and i've not tried this blade since. I'll have to try again it as I remember it being very sharp and smooth, it's definitely going to be even better now I know how to shave better and I have better equipment! Do you have a pic of the blade/wrapper? I'll try and post a pic of mine....

Its double wrapped, no wax on the blade and gave an awesome shave, can't believe I haven't tried it in a proper razor! Will try it tomorrow morning, can't believe I didn't think to try my old trusty blades out, I got too entwined with trying out new gear...

Last edited:
15058361484311403051734.jpg
15058361484311403051734.jpg

Is that similar to your Zorrik?

Did you find them awesome too? I'll take a photo for you when I'm home later
I have not tried them yet , I've been
Looking for them every since you
Brought them to my attention via
Your first photo. And since I've always
Had great success with any of the
Super Max blades that were recommend
To me by someone on B&B.