What's new

Zenith Manchurian

I got the Zenith 505AK Manchurian, and at first it felt really hard and unwieldy. After a few uses it is loosening up and is starting to show its potential. I have not noticed any hair falling of the brush, but the Zenith logo painted on the handle is already gone. I also purchased the Razorock Chubby made by Zenith, when I was a bit panicking about the hardness of the Manchurian, and while it is softer, it has a solid backbone and a reasonable flow-through for its size. Not that it matters much to me, but Zenith laser etched the Razorock logo on the bottom of the handle, so that, unlike their own version, there is zero chance that the logo will disappear..... I am actually really happy with both brushes, I think that they offer fantastic value.

I got the Zenith 505AK Manchurian, and at first it felt really hard and unwieldy. After a few uses it is loosening up and is starting to show its potential. I have not noticed any hair falling of the brush, but the Zenith logo painted on the handle is already gone. I also purchased the Razorock Chubby made by Zenith, when I was a bit panicking about the hardness of the Manchurian, and while it is softer, it has a solid backbone and a reasonable flow-through for its size. Not that it matters much to me, but Zenith laser etched the Razorock logo on the bottom of the handle, so that, unlike their own version, there is zero chance that the logo will disappear..... I am actually really happy with both brushes, I think that they offer fantastic value.
I happen to have the #506 Best badger and the Euroal Extra in Silvertip. And I happen to agree with you. They offer excellent value and performance for the money. Unfortunately, not to much love on here for the Zenith Badger brushes. The quality and craftsmanship that these brushes deliver for their price point has no peer, imho..... Just some awesome shaving brushes that others with the "Bigger Names" would charge 2-3 times as much for almost equal quality. Best deal in the market, Period.

My zenith 505ak hasn't been getting much attention because it was one of three brushes ordered roughly the same time. One, a Brad sears 26x50 manchurian fan, the second a shavemac 25x46 D0-1 2 band flat top.

Tonight I decided to give it another go, more out of sympathy than anything. I think this is the 6th time I've used it and I must say it's breaking in nicely. I have lost a few hairs out of it, but nothing too terrible. It is a bit of a lather hog, but I load a little extra in and I don't notice it as much. If I had to use this brush exclusively, I'd have no qualms. Honestly I think these brushes are a steal for what you get.

I have a new Zenith Manchurian shaving brush handle turned in cobalto-colored resin 502BC.
proxy.php

It is a beautiful brush with very soft tips and good Backbone.
The Zenith has a 27mm knot and a 50mm loft.
To the grip I can only say, feels great, is comfortable in the hand us is very suitable both for facial and Mug.

excellent brushes, soft and good backbone.
I have 3 of them, for the past month i'm using the smallest one, 24mm (clear handle, forgot the model#) - although is the least dense - feels more like a regular badger or a Semogue 2 band - i like it.
When i first bought them i thought 26-27.5mm would be too big but they're not - they're very nice for bowl and face lathering, very comfortable.
I bought them from yourshaving.com

An excellent, informative thread which was just the ticket as I trawled the web looking for info on these rather pretty looking brushes. I already have a Zenith synthetic on the way but was very curious with regards to their Manchurian offerings. A now satisfied curiosity thanks to ye fine gentlemen.

An excellent, informative thread which was just the ticket as I trawled the web looking for info on these rather pretty looking brushes. I already have a Zenith synthetic on the way but was very curious with regards to their Manchurian offerings. A now satisfied curiosity thanks to ye fine gentlemen.

Good luck with your search. Zenith brushes have been a very pleasant surprise in my view. Though I have no experience with their Manchurian offerings, they have received favorable reviews from some members here in this forum. As a member here posted previously, Zenith Badger brushes are a bit of a lather hog, so just take a little extra in loading them. They will reward you with a very thick and rich lather that will release nicely once you start face or bowl lathering. Give it about 10-12 lather loads and they will come into their own beautifully. :thumbup1:

So - 6months in... Do you have a preference between the Silvertip and the Manchurian?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have the 506 Manchurian. It's quite nice. I also have the 506 in Best Badger and Boar. It's a nice handle.

Top Bottom