What's new

Your sideburns?

Does this seem to be the one area where one can always get a very good shave? I've got all sorts of irritation all over my neck (either side of the Adam's apple is a nightmare), occasionally on my chin and upper lip area too, and occasional nicks and cuts on my cheek around the jaw line. But I can't recall such a thing happening very often on the skin just below my sideburns - more or less, it always seems to be safe going both with and against the grain.

Does this mirror the experience of you guys as well?

Good point. This may be a 'safe' area because it is relatively flat.

These days the only areas that I need to be especially careful are under my nose, my jawline, and Adam's apple. However, it is still necessary to respect the fact that I am taking a (very) sharp object over my tender skin!

Yes. Under the nose can be a challenge, and don't get me started on necks, but the sideburn and cheek area usually comes up trumps. My neck is a pain in the neck - it has areas that defy logic when it comes to shaving them. Whiskery redoubts, in fact.

It's part of the reason I don't have side burns. I like the fact I can shave here so much, my sideburns end at the top of my ear attachment. I still cut straight so there is a vestigial memory.. but...

I never have any trouble with my cheeks and sideburns, but I've noticed that my fastest growth is on my lower sideburns, around the jaw. After a shave, they are the first to come back, and are the toughest of my whiskers. I have to do a four pass on my sideburns to get them as close as the rest of my face.

Top Bottom