What's new

Your shaving bowl is terrible - 2 part PIF

We hate your shaving bowl..

You know who you are, the one using an old tupperware bowl or rusty old tuna fish can as a shaving bowl - it's terrible and everyone laughs at you. I am willing to help you, well one of you at least.

Behold a beautiful vintage bakelite pedestal bowl, easy to hold like a snifter and holds heat well (details after the pics, brush & razor not included)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

PART 1
My choice. I will choose the 10 worst bowls pictured in this thread sometime this Sunday (4/3/11), no official cutoff time just when I get around to it on that day so make sure its in before Sunday. Once I have those 10 I will start Part 2.

PART 2
Everybody's choice. I will start a thread with a poll of those 10 chosen ones to have everyone here degrade you to their hearts content and make you feel public shame as they vote on whos bowl is the worst. The poll will have an ending date (on or around 4/6/11) and when it closes the winner (loser) will get this wonderful bowl shipped to them, bonus points for glorious destruction of their old, vile, vessel.

HOW TO ENTER
Post a picture of your bowl and say. My shaving bowl is terrible and I admit it.

Sound good? Let's roll....

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That looks nice. A cereal bowl is working for me now and am holding out for a scuttle purchase(so don't include me) but someone is gonna get a nice bowl.

I quit using a bowl too------I don't need one. So-called 'face-lathering' does the job just fine and eliminates another thing to wash out. My personal belief is that since you aren't using a bowl, more lather ends up on your face besides!

I like my plastic food storage bowl, (rubbermade not tupperware). I can use 2, the bottom one with hot water, and have a poor man's scuttle.:thumbup:

I lather out of coffee mugs, does that qualify me, nice looking bowl !

My shaving bowl is terrible and I admit it.
Besides my wife wants her cup back :tongue_sm

Last edited:
This is a great PIF, but isn't this a case of turning in a donkey for a mule. :w00t:
It may be a little better, but it is still not going to win best of show.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Looks like picking a winner is getting pretty simple at this point :biggrin:

Yeah, I may just have to snap a cell phone pick of my cereal bowl :001_smile

on edit- I think the bowl looks nice- if I had it I would take some 200 grit to the inside for texture.

Here's MY mug/bowl.

It depicts a galliant French ****, which might not be able to compete with Penny up there :laugh:
Edit-also! My shaving bowl is terrible and I admit it.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Wellll...

SWMBO thinks it is awful, and I'm not allowed to keep it out in the bathroom...

But it amuses me! So I won't say My saving bowl is terrible and I admit it! :blush:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Wellll...

SWMBO thinks it is awful, and I'm not allowed to keep it out in the bathroom...

But it amuses me! So I won't say My saving bowl is terrible and I admit it! :blush:

proxy.php

I must say, your SWMBO is not being very accommodeating in regards to your shaving bowl.

Top Bottom