What's new

Your Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Pics & Video

Does anybody here Scuba Dive or Snorkel? Do you have any pics or video from your dives? We'd love to see them!

I've had two recent trips to Guam and the snorkeling was amazing! I got some great pics from my last trip using my cell phone and an underwater case. Will post soon!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You just had to start this, didn't you? :001_smile

Here's a few from Cozumel. Thumbnails are at the bottom of the page and there's five pages.

Coz. trip June 18-25 2006

A few from a dive club get-together at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell, Texas.

Get-together

I have about three videos from Cozumel and Grand Cayman that were taken by professional UW videographers that I need to get transfered from VHS over to CD.

And a picture I took of a buddy of mine taking a picture of a fresh water jelly fish at Broken Bow Lake in Broken Bow, Oklahoma.

Dang it...I can pull it up on my computer but can't get that one to show up when I try to insert a file. I'll have to see why I can't pull that one up but I can others.

I'm in Guam now, and managed to get a few good shots. I shot them with my Go Pro and cleaned them up in lightroom (light balance, blue removal and dehazing for clarity)

proxy.php
proxy.php

And this one was from last year
proxy.php

I'm in Guam now, and managed to get a few good shots.
What?!? Dang, I wish I would have known. I just got back. I was there almost all of January. I have a great shot of a sea turtle that I will post soon. Took mine at Fish Eye. Where did you see yours?

Nice pics Mike! I love parrot fish. I've spent a lot of time trying to get a good shot of one. Still not great, And your Barracuda shot looks about like mine. Will post as soon as I can. Looking good so far. I'm a fish at heart and I love seeing pics. Keep them coming!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh those are some nice pics. there, Cody. Love it!

I've not been to Guam, but I have several pics. on an external hard drive I need to upload to photobucket or something and link to the folder that are from the Caribbean. Too many to post individually. Son-in-law was stationed in Japan in the Navy and said the scuba diving there was great.

Ok, here's a couple. A lot more to come when I get more time.

All taken with an iPhone 5

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took these. For some reason my phone was messing up. The color is almost non existent. Yet when I switched to video it was fine. These pics look like I took them in the 70s. Regardless, I love them. I like how they look vintage.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You took those on your phone? I need to get up to speed on this stuff. Your earlier ones looked great, and those look good.

Question...what in the hell are those people doing WALKING on the bottom? Tourists...right? Looks like they are only about 15 feet deep. I'm glad they put them on a shallow sand flat and not near coral.

Sigh.

You have some good pics. going on there. More pics., more pics.!

Oh...on the color...use white balance to adjust for color loss at depth. I usually use the sand on the bottom or a white slate to adjust the white balance for different depths...have to do it on the fly.

I love the waves and the clouds you got in that last shot.

There was this one time out of Gulf Breeze, FL about 20 miles out when there was a BUNCH of chop and a very nasty surface current, and I was adrift for....

You took those on your phone? I need to get up to speed on this stuff.
Yep. I used an Optrix by Body Glove PhotoX Underwater Case. Cost me under $40 at Amazon. Fit my phone perfectly, and above water, I could still use the touchscreen. I just used the side buttons to take the pics. It's only rated to 15 ft I think. Best $40 I have ever spent.

Question...what in the hell are those people doing WALKING on the bottom? Tourists...right? Looks like they are only about 15 feet deep. I'm glad they put them on a shallow sand flat and not near coral.
Yes, that rig was set up just for tourists to get a 15 minute scuba or bubble helmet tour. They basically just had them follow the ropes around 1 time. There was one pristine piece of coral on the other side of the ropes with lots of fish on it, and they would just stand there and look at it for a few minutes then go back.

Oh...on the color...use white balance to adjust for color loss at depth. I usually use the sand on the bottom or a white slate to adjust the white balance for different depths...have to do it on the fly.
Yeah, but that wasn't the issue here, I'm pretty sure. I have video that is perfect, and I switched back to camera and still had these colorless pics. I never had this happen in any other location. I used this setup about half a dozen times and that was the only time it did that. Just weird, but as I said I love the result!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh, yeah, depth wasn't an issue with the color as you were snorkeling weren't you?

I haven't used any of their products, but I heard Body Glove puts out some pretty good stuff. One kinda rule of thumb for an UW camera housing if you are going to do more than snorkel...the housing should be of good enough quality that it costs about as much as the camera.

A guy that took video of some of our dives in Coz. had a Sony Hi-8 camera, and he said his housing cost $1,200 US. I had the same camera at home and thought about getting a housing but didn't. I believe I paid $300-$400 for the housing for my Canon A95 that's rated to 130 fsw., but I've only had it to about 100 feet. The times I've been to 130 fsw. I didn't take a camera. I've used that set-up for several years, and my step-daughter has borrowed it several times to go diving, and never had a problem with it.

A friend of mine in Houston is into UW photos, and she's a pretty dang good amature photographer. She's the one who steared me in the direction to get a Canon camera.

Oh, and I met the world-renowned Cathy Church when I was in Grand Cayman. Very nice lady. I wish I had been able to take one of her classes but when we met her on the street we were flying out the next day.

Spectacular shots! Esp. the sea turtle!
Thanks. I got a few of him, but that one is definitely my favorite (of all the pics I took too). I plan on getting some prints made to frame. I'm curious how big I can make them. If I wasn't so focused on taking pics of him, I could have touched him he was so close. He actually bumped into my friend's chest.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thanks. I got a few of him, but that one is definitely my favorite (of all the pics I took too). I plan on getting some prints made to frame. I'm curious how big I can make them. If I wasn't so focused on taking pics of him, I could have touched him he was so close. He actually bumped into my friend's chest.

Saved; opened in PhotoShop: 6x5 at 300 dpi (high res, color magazine); 10x7 at 200 dpi (med res), 16x12 at 125 dpi (newspaper res). and 28x21 at 72dpi (web and social media).

Hope/helps. (and you may have higher res versions!)

AA

Absolutely beautiful pics, guys! I'll be working hard to try to get some more diving in next year. Being in northern Illinois, the diving can be hit and miss. Some days the big lake offers up 50+ feet of viz. Some days, you can barely see your hands. The local quarries and Bonne Terre Mine offer some changes of pace.
PICT0008.JPG PICT0094.JPG

Top Bottom