What's new

Your Opinion on Diplomat/President

Help a GNU BEE Find his Way...
What are good/Great prices on ...the Prez/Dips...seeking more shaver as opposed to collectors pieces...
I'm shopping now....

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
They are great shavers. A president uncased will usually go over 100. You should be able to find a User grade diplomat for less.

Both are fine examples of Gillette at their best in my book. If you are just looking for user grade to experience their performance, don't overlook one missing an end cap or two. They usually sell for less because of this unfortunate cosmetic blemish yet shave the same.

Good hunting!!

Aren't they basically the '46 Aristocrat with different plating? Or do they shave differently?

For that much, I'd rather buy a Brit Aristocrat IMHO.

Aren't they basically the '46 Aristocrat with different plating? Or do they shave differently? For that much, I'd rather buy a Brit Aristocrat IMHO.

The head had seen several changes by time the 50s had rolled around. The safety bar style and center bar are the most noticeable. Some guys say the 46-47 heads were more aggressive.

They are great shaving razor. I've heard some people describe them as quite mild but it's just the fact that they are such smooth shavers. I don't understand why the Diplomat is a fraction of the price of a President so I think that if you shop around, you should be able to find yourself a nice Diplomat for a good price.

Top Bottom