What's new

Your best money is no object shaving cream?

I went through a phase about a year ago where I bought and tried most of the popular creams I saw people recommending, wanting to figure out which was best (irrgardless of cost). I was surprised and slightly disappointed to conclude that Proraso Blue was on par or better than everything else I tried. I was hoping to fall in love with something more interesting and exotic. To date, Proraso Blue (and occasionally Proraso Green) is my go-to cream and I don't bother with any of the others.

Interesting perspective. As a newer DE shaver my only cream has been Proraso White. I have been trying different blades but not soaps. Have been considering obtaining a few quality soaps for the experience and then to hear you settled on Proraso Blue as just as good as most others is interesting. I think Proraso White is pretty good stuff. Perhaps I need to try out Blue.

Interesting perspective. As a newer DE shaver my only cream has been Proraso White. I have been trying different blades but not soaps. Have been considering obtaining a few quality soaps for the experience and then to hear you settled on Proraso Blue as just as good as most others is interesting. I think Proraso White is pretty good stuff. Perhaps I need to try out Blue.
I didn’t like the single blade proraso as much as I do truefitt and hill ultimate comfort fwiw. It’s the best cream I’ve tried.

Have always been curious about the Crown cream, and their AS's as well.

I just have their balm, which has been great on dry days.
Their aftershave tonic, cologne, and shaving cream are top notch. Been using these for years after being introduced to them at a Barbershop.

THIS!!!!!
IMG_8291.jpeg

Looking for something luxurious as a late bday gift to myself. I know aqua di parma is pricey but I’m not sure if it’s as good as it was years ago, so what else is out there that’s an absolute treat? I’m more keen on a cream over a soap these days FWIW.
Consider the Cyril R. Salter shaving creams on Connaught Shaving in the U.K. You can land a couple of these in the U.S. for 24 British Pounds (8 pounds each plus another 8 for shipping). I use the French Veitver and Wild Rose and find them to be excellent.

Consider the Cyril R. Salter shaving creams on Connaught Shaving in the U.K. You can land a couple of these in the U.S. for 24 British Pounds (8 pounds each plus another 8 for shipping). I use the French Veitver and Wild Rose and find them to be excellent.
Sublime Citrus is a real banger… the scent is truly awesome, possibly the best citrus scent out there

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I haven't used creams in years, but back in the day Castle Forbes Lavender or Lime was very nice - and had excellent longevity as well.

Antica Barbieria Colla for me. SMN still up there also. AdP for scent and not performance. Guess I like the italian stuff after all.

Top Bottom