What's new

You MUST try the new L'Occitane soaps for men.

I wanted to try the Vetiver but ended up buying my usual milk soap to be on the safe side. I will be sure to buy it next time.

Last edited:
I'm with navahla, I love their milk soap. Are these new? I didn't notice them when I picked up the milk soap about 3 weeks ago. What scent did you prefer?

I couldn't find the ingredients listed anywhere... many liquid soap-like washes contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate for which reason I avoid them. Since these are soaps, they might be SLS free.

They are SLS free, I'll post at least one full ingredients list tomorrow.

My favourite scent must be the Vetiver.

Price is probably not bad in the grand scheme of things - If they're anything like the milk soap they'll last forever. I think I'm on month 3 or more now and still have 1/3 left.

I'm a very - very! - wasteful soap-user, and one of these usually lasts about six weeks. I'd say eight to twelve weeks is a reasonable estimate if you take it a bit slower than I do. For some reason, the milk soap lasts longer - then again, the milk soap is one of the best soaps ever made, so it's pretty much supposed to. :wink2:

Here's the full ingredients list of the Vetiver soap as promised:

Sodium Palmate
Sodium Palm Kernelate
Aqua
Glycerin
Sorbitol
Parfum
Palm Kernel Acid
Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil
Sodium Chloride
Decyl Glucoside
Palm Acid
Mica
Propylene Glycol
Potassium Palm Kernelate
Potassium Palmate
Pentasodium Penetate
Tetrasodium Etidronate
Limonene
Linalool
Coumarin
Eugenol
Benzyl Benzoate
CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
CI 77491 / CI 77492 / CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

Last edited:
I just signed up for an L'Occitane account on their website and they emailed a nice offer to me. I get a "Best of L'Occitane" gift set and free shipping with my next $25 purchase. Well I'm heading to the store, so I don't need the shipping, but the gift set would make a nice gift for my wife. I was planning on getting the Cade shaving soap and came here to look for recommendations on what else to buy. Now I know!

If you want the same deal:

https://usa.loccitane.com/FO/Customer/UserInfo.aspx?mode=create

ETA: This is included in the "Welcome Gift":
Welcome to Passport to Provence! Enjoy this exclusive welcome set featuring L'OCCITANE best sellers.

-Immortelle Brightening Cleansing Foam (Travel Size), 1.7 fl. oz.
-Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap - Milk, 3.5 oz.
-Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo (Travel Size) 2.5 fl. oz.
-Almond Shower Oil (Travel Size) 2.5 fl. oz.

This set is wrapped in cello and tied with a L'OCCITANE ribbon.

Last edited:
I had both the sandalwood and vetiver about 3 years ago. Both lasted for ages and the vetiver in particular smelled fantastic, but I was disappointed with the thinness of the lather. And the sandalwood smelled like a dressed up Dial Gold. Are the new ones different?

They told me that if you ever buy something there that you don't like, you can return it for a refund. If it's close enough that a return trip isn't out of your way, go for it.

They told me that if you ever buy something there that you don't like, you can return it for a refund. If it's close enough that a return trip isn't out of your way, go for it.
Thanks--I will keep that in mind. I ended up going with their milk soap based on all the recommendations in this thread, and so far after one shower with it I'd say the recommendations were spot on. I do wish I liked their soaps that are specifically for men, but cedarwood/sandalwood scents tend not to agree with my nose or my skin.

Why are they good?

I need two things from my soap:

1. Moisturizing without being oily, to prevent back acne (bacne)
2. Long lasting and masculine smell

Do these soaps qualify? I've used L'occitane stuff before and #1 is out of question with their stuff, but even in #2 they're not that hot. The smells disappear in about an hour.

Why are they good?

I need two things from my soap:

1. Moisturizing without being oily, to prevent back acne (bacne)
2. Long lasting and masculine smell

Do these soaps qualify? I've used L'occitane stuff before and #1 is out of question with their stuff, but even in #2 they're not that hot. The smells disappear in about an hour.

1. Your post is a bit ambiguous. You've 'used their stuff before;' what stuff have you used? Their soap (which one)? Their moisturizer? Other?

I'm currently working my way through a sampler box of four, 3.5 oz. soaps that I received. It came with: lavender, orange cinnamon, milk, and lemon verbena. Their milk soap moisturizes amazingly well, while the others are far from drying. None have been oily.

2. Buy a bar of Irish Spring or Axe. But then you won't benefit from moisture under criterion #1. Or just use a moisturizing soap and an edt, edp, cologne, or strong after shave.

I'm being honest here. Moisturizing bars have that effect because there's a substantial amount of the bar dedicated to shea butter, milk, aloe, or any combination of numerous moisturizing ingredients. I can't recall ever encountering something in the vein of a true moisturizing bar that was even remotely strong scented. Personally, I believe strong scented soap with long lasting scent on user = high octane, chemical laden, ultra synthetic. I've simply never encountered a natural soap (which is what L'Occitane prides itself on mostly being), scented with essential oils or other wholesome ingredients, be anywhere near long lasting.

Bottom line: I'm interested in what soaps you use to satisfy 1 and 2 of your criterion, because I, too, have been trying numerous soaps to try the correct balance of scent and moisturizing properties.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've never thought of bath soap scent as needing to last much past the shower itself; if you want to wear a fragrance that's what aftershave or EDT is for.

Still liking the milk soap--thanks to everyone who recommended it.

Top Bottom