What's new

Yet another straight shaving video.

That was a great video. Very good editing and shooting. Can you share with us where'd you get the bottle for your AS from? :) It looks very luxurious!

Can you share with us where'd you get the bottle for your AS from? :) It looks very luxurious!

Thanks! It's an antique barber bottle that I found at a local flea market for a couple of bucks. I've been hunting swap meets for this kind of stuff for years, and every so often I get lucky and turn something up. :)

First test of the new camera, so what better subject than straight shaving!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxVBR4aGqas

That's one of the most professional-looking shaving presentations I've seen. Some of the vendors here should hire you to turn customers on to straights. When I tell people I use a straight razor they think I'm doing something dangerous and you make the process look safe and doable. You look like you're enjoying the experience. Love that 1820 razor. I wonder if it takes practice to learn to hold it with that graduated shank. All of mine have an even shank and that's my main means of gripping the razor.

What brand of strop is that? Vintage?

Yep, it's a vintage strop manufactured by the Irwin Company out of Chicago.

I wonder if it takes practice to learn to hold it with that graduated shank. All of mine have an even shank and that's my main means of gripping the razor.

It did take some time getting used to holding that old W&B, but it wasn't too tough. I've been pretty surprised at how quickly I've managed to transition between some very different straights.

Top Bottom