What's new

Yet another straight shaving video.

Very nice video. What soap and AS were you using?

That was just a puck of old Williams shaving soap I had sitting forever in that mug, which I typically would not use. I was actually surprised at the nice quality of the resulting lather. The AS was some Stephens Bay Rum, which also isn't one of my favorites, but it was in the prettiest bottle on the counter, and looked the best in the shot, so I bucked up and used it anyway. :)

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Nicely done! Your attention to detail in filming and the wonderful staging of your shave den with the colorful and textural accessories is top notch. The barber shop mug display is superb as is the Hotel/Barber Numeral Mug which ive always wanted to track down. How about a film showcasing the den in all its wonder? I would enjoy seeing every nook and cranny, every potion bottle and the like that make this your personal space that Beau Brummel would have felt at home in.Your narrative reminded me of this .... not in a bad way, just tonality.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=En9lSan1kFM

Thanks for the positive comments, guys! Dead-on with the American Psycho voice over. I love that film. Didn't occur to me that I was channeling Patrick Bateman, but in retrospect, apparently I was. :)

Doesn't everyone have a drum set in their bathroom? ;)

I really enjoyed your video, sir. Clearly some time and thought has gone into making that.

Does anyone else find them stretching their face in the same way as the OP when watching his video? Oh, just me then..... :blushing:

This is definitely not "Yet another straight shaving video" this is a serious contender to Chimench's shaving video, considered by many as the finest one out there.

Great video, it belongs in the wiki, me thinks

Top Bottom