What's new

Yet another Caveat Emptor story from eBay

This one isn't as bad as some, as in the end, I still got a good deal. But I bought what was advertised on eBay as a Filly Doble Temple, for a pretty good price. Sure enough, it arrives, and I take a look at the tang, (not obvious from the photos) and it's a Novodur. Like I said, not really that big of a deal, as I still have a beautifully shaving Filly for a good price, but I went and bought a different Novodur so that I could compare the two, and so I'd have to different makes. Now I have two of the same. :p

$20141007_070245.jpg

Wait a second....we're supposed to feel sorry that you now have not one, but two Fillys?

No sympathy from me, Bub!
:001_cool:

Wait a second....we're supposed to feel sorry that you now have not one, but two Fillys?

No sympathy from me, Bub!
:001_cool:
Actually three if you include the JMP Imperial. ;). My point is simply a reminder that you need to keep your eyes open when buying on eBay.

Love the Novodur. This one owned by Celtic Crusader started me on a quest for one. Congratulations, though I hear what you're saying.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412740677.307785.jpg

Last edited:
My point is simply a reminder that you need to keep your eyes open when buying on eBay.
I here what your saying.
So far I've only just looked on eBay, but I really do feel better getting a straight or two here @B&B from other members and hobbyists.

Since it's not what you wanted, and obviously no good due to that, feel free to send it my way for proper disposal, so you aren't reminded of the fail every time you look at it. :lol:

I ordered the Cristal, but the maitre de sent the Dom Perignon instead!

My life is full of travails such as this....

This one isn't as bad as some, as in the end, I still got a good deal. But I bought what was advertised on eBay as a Filly Doble Temple, for a pretty good price. Sure enough, it arrives, and I take a look at the tang, (not obvious from the photos) and it's a Novodur. Like I said, not really that big of a deal, as I still have a beautifully shaving Filly for a good price, but I went and bought a different Novodur so that I could compare the two, and so I'd have to different makes. Now I have two of the same. :p

View attachment 504882[/QU

OTE]

nice razor, you'll enjoy.
obviously, you decided not to ask to return the item to the seller for the listing error?

View attachment 504882[/QU

OTE]

nice razor, you'll enjoy.
obviously, you decided not to ask to return the item to the seller for the listing error?
Definitely not, I love the color of the scales, and it shaves beautifully, at a good price. I just wasn't expecting it when I read the tang.

Newbie collector alert... what is wrong with a Novodur? Is it not a Fila? Made in Korea but with the Fila name on it or something?

Newbie collector alert... what is wrong with a Novodur? Is it not a Fila? Made in Korea but with the Fila name on it or something?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Some might argue that it's better than a standard DT. (I don't have enough experience to judge) it's just not what I was expecting.

Top Bottom