What's new

Yardley Soap

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I was at a Duane Reade's store the other day. They had a bar of Yardleys with the royal warrant for $3 a bar. It was vegetable oil based. Later on in the week I noticed the Bodega (cornerstore) near my apt had Yardley bars that were 2 packs for 3 bucks. These on the other hand were Tallow based and lacked the royal warrants.

Are the only bars that have the warrant the vegetable oil based ones...and I wonder why the difference in price between the two. I belive the tallow was Almond Oatmeal....and the Vegetable was Almond Honey

My understanding is that the "Royal Warrant" soaps are made in England, while the tallow based soaps are made in the USA. Not sure, but I think the veggie based soaps were re-formulated to meet EU standards.

I've been using the US made tallow based soaps for quite a while. They're a nice soap and, I believe, great value for the money.

Regards,

Les

Yes the tallow soaps say on the box they are made in the USA. I use both the English Lavender & the Oatmeal & Almond. Nice soaps! I buy them at the Dollar Tree for well......... you know a dollar. :001_smile

The English Lavender has a permanent home in our house. Great value and a solid performer as a everyday soap.

I'm gonna go against the grain here & say I was disappointed in the Yardley soap. I tried a couple of bars from Walgreens & they just didn't lather very well IMO. Scents were ok though.

Well, I may have to try some Yardley from our local Dollar General where my wife works. I noticed they had a couple of varieties but didn't look too closely.

I doubt if either will replace my Grandpa's Wonder Pine Tar soap for everyday, but who knows!

I'm a big fan of the lavender. Anything beats the stuff I just tried on a whim. It was cedar and African black soap. It felt sticky even after it was rinsed off.

I picked up a four pack of the tallow based lavender at a local big-box. This is one I'm going to keep around.

Top Bottom