What's new

yardley london soap moisturizing?

I've been reading reviews on it and surprisingly, a lot of people were saying that the almond and oatmeal soap is moisturizing. I'm looking at the ingridients and I don't see any ingridients known to moisturize except maybe petrolatum and glycerin. I notice that yardley soap as the same ingridients as it most mass produced soaps that you find in your local supermarket. why is yardley london soaps different than soaps you find art your local market that have basically the same ingridients. what is everyone's opinion about the ingridient petrolatum?

I'm not so sure about petrolatum, but my experience with the soap is that my skin doesn't feel dry after using it. Perhaps some think that means it moisturizes, but I don't see that claim on the packaging.

it says on the box that yardley is a moisturizing soap. They probably put that on there to sell their soaps.

My skin feels much more moisturized since switching from Dove Sensitive (which is supposedly a "moisturizing soap") to Yardley Oatmeal and Almond. And, I feel cleaner after a shower.

That is all I need for a soap...

I don't typically use Yardley's on my face, but definitely use it on my body and head/hair (buzz cut). Great product, and I typically can get 4 or 5 different varieties at Walgreens for $1 per bar.

I like the simple and short list of ingredients in the Yardley bars, and hey, ole' Blue Eyes himself was a big time user of Yardley's English Lavender. If it's good enough for Frank...

Yardley is a tallow-based soap, which would make it a good bit less drying than a detergent-based soap. Broadly speaking, maybe that's what "they" might mean by moisturizing.

Last edited:
Petrolatum is petroleum jelly, AKA Vaseline. I have no idea why they put it in there.

I've used the Yardley bath soap (no relation to the shaving soap of yore) and it is nice for a cheapo drugstore soap. I did not find it particularly moisturizing or drying, but actual soap sure beats a detergent-based body wash in my book.

Top Bottom