What's new

Winter Time At Badger and Blade

Winter Time at Badger and Blade

The Darkroom Edition​

Winter provides us some of the most beautiful landscapes to shoot all year long. The fallen snow can make the most mundane area look as if it was constructed only for your cameras lens. Along with the cold weather also comes unique lighting conditions for your camera. The team would love to hear what winter shots you love to take every year, and how you set up for them as well. Of course, not only unique options outside but the holidays also mean some great family photo opportunities we all look forward to as well. Lets hear from you guys on what you have in store for the winters months

Explorer all of B&B as winter has hit almost the whole forum
and there is a lot more to catch up on around town

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this time of year my Uncle Mark, the real photographer take some great pictures and has calendars made for everyone for Christmas

Amd does some great family photos as well

Well, James, we don't get much snow in Vancouver - in the city anyway - ,but I will see what I can do this winter! :biggrin1:

later winter night in fairbanks this past march. maybe about 10 below F.
$fairbanks_3488s.jpg

I don't have a great camera but my phone takes amazing enough photos when I do it correctly. I'm waiting for a snowfall that might not come because I have a husky and I want to see a photo of her in the snow! Here are some examples of how my phone can take pictures. I read a lot online on how to take a photo and apply those rules and principles with my phone and then if I still did it wrong, I use a photo editing program called Snapseed. Lol.

Attachments

• $20131109_161435_1.jpg
    $20131109_161435_1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 76
  • $20131012_185054_1.jpg
    $20131012_185054_1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 75
I take photos all year round. Our winters are very cold....long....and snowy. I'm on the Canadian prairies. I'm out a couple times a week camera in hand (Pentax)...looking for all sorts of subjects.

Love the dogs in action looks like fun, always wanted to do that

Great shot, look forward to seeing more

After a heavy snowfall or a period of a severe freeze, I head out to one of the many waterfalls in the Pacific Northwest. This is a photograph of North Falls, one of ten waterfalls along an eight mile hike at Silver Falls State Park, which is a 45" drive from Portland, OR. This particular photograph appeared in B&W Magazine.

$North Falls.jpg

Great pictures posted above. We don't get much snow here, but when it does snow or ice over it is fun to get outside with the camera. Otherwise it is the ideal time of year to visit the tropics. :) A busy picture of wet snow:
$winter-IMG_4086.jpg

What exactly is this white stuff covering everything that you guys call "snow?" lol, with part of the city here actually below sea level we don't get snow except every few years or so for a minute or two, it doesn't stick to the ground. More of a weather anomaly than anything around here.

Fog, on the other hand, is our severe weather. We get whats called "tule fog" and really is unique to this area. 200 foot visibility is a good day! Bad days are when I can't see my truck out the window, <40 foot visibility is rather common. Scary driving at times! But, no good for taking pictures either, its just white, everywhere.

-Xander

Top Bottom