What's new

*** WINNER***Grudge Match: OT Vs NEW

Who's going to win the Grudge Match?

• The Old Type

• The NEW

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess I've got a question, I've got thick and thin cap olds and long and short comb NEWS. Does that matter? I actually was thinking earlier of a shave off between long and short comb NEWS.

Doesn't matter which you use as long as you use 1 OT and 1 NEW. You do have to stick to the same 2 razors for all 3 matches.

Hi,

I could, but Not In. I already know that the NEW in either SC or LC works better than the Old does. I figured that out about 20 years ago. For February, I am already committed to the One Blade challenge, Ironically pitting the NEW SC against the LC both using Personna Lab Blues. I predict 12-14 two-pass (WTG, ATG) with no real difference between the two. So, my February is all set.

For the balance of January I am using a New Improved for my first time in 41 years. I already see where it works better than the OTs and even the NEWs which superseded it. I also see why Gillette came out with the NEW to replace the NI: the NI uses a lot more material to produce than either the Old or the NEW. ;)

Anyway, I shall keep my eye peeled for a grudge match between the NI and either the Old or the New.

Stan

Looks like the NEW has pulled ahead in the Poll! Does this mean that the Old Type is running out of steam?

proxy.php

Last edited:
Both the Old Type and the NEW are great razors, but only one can emerge victorious. Right now, we have people exchanging opinions. Talk is cheap.
Let's see what happens when the blade hits the stubble.
My razors are locked and loaded.

Shaved this morning with New type on left, old on right, Shower, lather brush with Col Conk Almond, Hot washcloth face soak, Both razors Crystal blades, had to do 3 pass shave plus touch up. Usually a 2 pass + with a Gillette Adjustable at 7 or Weber PH
Results: For my usual BBS needed a little more touch up on left, than on right.
Will switch sides tomorrow.

I can't see the old type winning. I had old types before I got NEWs (not because I'm that old, that's just how they came into the collection). The NEW razors were like a revelation of effortless great shaves.

Shaved this morning with New type on left, old on right, Shower, lather brush with Col Conk Almond, Hot washcloth face soak, Both razors Crystal blades, had to do 3 pass shave plus touch up. Usually a 2 pass + with a Gillette Adjustable at 7 or Weber PH
Results: For my usual BBS needed a little more touch up on left, than on right.
Will switch sides tomorrow.
I thought this shave off didn't start until February? Was the start day changed or something?:blink:

Decisions, decisions, decisions... Just kidding it's the two front and center loaded with fresh Astra SPs. A 1918 thin cap and a LC on a ball end handle.

I bet you can't guess which way I lean. :001_rolle

Attachments

• $DSCF9942.jpg
    $DSCF9942.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 153
Top Bottom