What's new

*** WINNER***Grudge Match: OT Vs NEW

Who's going to win the Grudge Match?

• The Old Type

• The NEW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do we have to wait until February to post rounds? I'm already signed up for Fatboy February, so I plan to do my rounds in January. I'll wait to post if if that's the way you would rather have it.

Do we have to wait until February to post rounds? I'm already signed up for Fatboy February, so I plan to do my rounds in January. I'll wait to post if if that's the way you would rather have it.
Troy, Thanks for playing. If you don't mind please post your results in February. You could even stretch out posting the 3 rounds and just pretend that they were done in February.

This will be gym to follow, subscribed. I don't have any vintage razors at the moment, but I'll have one soon 😎

"Never trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment."

Sent from the GnomePhone

Sure, I'll be in.

Oh Yeah!!!! In, In, In.....:w00t:

proxy.php

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Lets face it Gillette made Razors to sell blades , Old Type and The NEW are both Amazing Razors and I get a Close comfortable shave with either
To say one is better is going to be hard for Me. When I was a Newbie I had to try every Razor I could get My hands on and never spent adequate time to get to know each Razor.
now that I have spent more time and have found how to properly use them.

Lets face it Gillette made Razors to sell blades , Old Type and The NEW are both Amazing Razors and I get a Close comfortable shave with either
To say one is better is going to be hard for Me. When I was a Newbie I had to try every Razor I could get My hands on and never spent adequate time to get to know each Razor.
now that I have spent more time and have found how to properly use them.

Pick a side....... But choose wisely. :w00t:

I'm in.

FWIW: I plan to use the Old Type (and the NEW) without any shims. Ordinarily, I always used 2 shims in my OT razors because it seems to help tame them, but in this situation using shims would be an unfair advantage.
And I will use identical Weber Bulldog stainless steel handles.

I'll do the shaves in January (but pretend that I'm doing them in February). I'm also in the 8th Annual One Blade in February Challenge.

i am in
i think my favorite is the New Improved, but i have the old type and the New also. i will use the New LC like you have pictured.

recently i shaved off a month old beard in one pass with my old type and it worked great. i honestly don't know which will actually win... i am interested in finding out.

Absolutely looking forward to this showdown between 2 Giants. All kidding aside, they are both wonderful razors that can mow down the meanest of beards....

I'll sit back and enjoy this one from the sidelines. I've been doing my own personal "grudge match" between Old and New over the past week (thick NDC OT and New LC) and they are SO close in comfort, efficiency and performance that it could literally come down to nothing more than having a good/bad day or some minor irregularity with prep or a blade that could decide the difference, they are both that good.

Shave on!

I guess I've got a question, I've got thick and thin cap olds and long and short comb NEWS. Does that matter? I actually was thinking earlier of a shave off between long and short comb NEWS.

I'm in. Does shaving with old one day and shaving with new the next count?

No it won't count...

The rules are simple:
2 razors.....1 face....3 shaves

You agree to preform 3 shaves through out the month of February
You agree that during the same shave to shave half of your face with the Old Type and the other half of your face with the NEW.
You agree to post the results of each shave round.

Top Bottom