Who's number 2?

Discussion in 'Safety Razor Blades' started by westpac690, Apr 17, 2010.

1. So it's been long decided that Feather is the sharpest blade out there and is my blade of choice. I don't get the feeling there is a definitive number 2 sharpest blade. So I pose this question out of curiosity....
    Based on you guys experience what is the number 2 sharpest blade on the market?

2. Iridium Super Stainless

3. Iridiums!!!:thumbup1:

4. Gillette Yellow tied with the Iridium Super.

5. Feathers #9 on a Fatboy

6. I will also chime in with Iridium Super as being a close second for sharpness. It beats out number of fine blades in doing so.

7. Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (aka 'Yellow")! :biggrin1:

8. +1 on Iridiums. They're my #1 blade because they're nearly Feather-sharp but don't cause as many Featherlacerations.

:laugh:

Jeff in Boston

9. +1 on Iridiums, super sharp and more forgiving then Feathers. :thumbsup:

10. Gonna be a black sheep and say KAI....Love Em':001_tt2:

11. +1

I have also heard Kai blades are just as sharp; they are made in Japan.

12. Iridiums & Gillette 7:00 O'clock Yellows. Both are sharp enough for my tastes.

13. xillion

xillion Contributor

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  14. Luc

Luc Moderator Emeritus

I would pick Kai and Astra...

15. Argonaut

Argonaut Moderator Emeritus

More importantly," Who does number 2 work for?"

16. I don't know if you're solely looking for the sharpest blade, or the best blade. There is a difference. Make mine a Shark.

17. I just thought of another contender for the second-sharpest blade: Personna medical grade blades. Limited reviews seem to indicate that it is very sharp, I think I'm going to order some up and see.

18. Super Iridium for me.

19. Iridiums, which are still a wee bit too aggressive for me (Feathers treat me like a blood donor).

20. Among blades currently produced, I'd agree with the yellow 7 o'clocks/Super Iridiums. I just used a fresh Personna 74 today, and it's up there with a Feather in terms of sharpness, although I'd say that the Feather is still the sharpest blade out there. However, a Personna 74 lasts forever, and for me, the Feather is signficantly duller on second use.