What's new

Who Rides a Motorcycle? B&B bikeweek!

I like old razors, old guitars, old hats and old Bikes.....

Both the velocette and the Royal Enfield are originals from the early '50's.

proxy.php

Sweet! :thumbup1:

I probably told you this already but, my dad taught me to ride last year. My first ride without him, I had some lady pull out in front of me. I knew it was bad but my first trip out? Really? Well, it was a valuable lesson I guess about being careful. :thumbup1:

Yup, happens all the time. Being a motorcycle rider is bound to make you a better driver all around.

+1

I remind myself each time I sit in the saddle that I am going in to place where every single car I see is trying to run me over, and my mission is to prevent them from succeeding.

Exactly!

You got paid to ride a Harley??? omg.. I have to ask you how you managed that and if I can get a job there... :thumbup1:

Seriously, sounds like a dream job.

My Buell XB12Ss. I adore this bike and have some wonderful rides on it.This pic was taken at Mount Panorama in Bathurst New South Wales in Australia.Its a public road but closes for a week in October for a 1000 Km V8 supercar enduro.An aussie icon of a track.View attachment $P131209_14.40[01].jpg

No pics and nothing exotic, I have a 2008 750 Honda Aero. After a thirty-nine year lay off on bikes, I picked her up and have 5500 miles on her so far. Unlike the old Norton 750 I used to ride, this one is dependable and doesn't leak! :biggrin1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I like old razors, old guitars, old hats and old Bikes.....

Both the velocette and the Royal Enfield are originals from the early '50's.

proxy.php

They still sell Royal Enfields in India.
They look exactly like the old Vintage models.

Prices are cheap enough that even with transport and import duties, it is an attractive offer.

You got paid to ride a Harley??? omg.. I have to ask you how you managed that and if I can get a job there... :thumbup1:

I was a policeman and was fortunate enough to be sent to the motor officer's course. At the time I was riding the oldest known "working" police Harley. By working I mean, answering calls and an assigned patrol route. Miss Piggy was her name. I'll have to up load photos of her. She was featured in the east coast version of Thunder Press.

I was a policeman and was fortunate enough to be sent to the motor officer's course. At the time I was riding the oldest known "working" police Harley. By working I mean, answering calls and an assigned patrol route. Miss Piggy was her name. I'll have to up load photos of her. She was featured in the east coast version of Thunder Press.

Okay, that is very cool! I have a couple of friends on the County's motorcycle squad but they seem to serve primarily ceremonial purposes. :thumbdown I do know the state has a couple of bikes lurking around here but I think Fort Wayne City got rid of the last vestiges of the program. :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

I would really enjoy seeing your pictures.

Rob, rest easy, my friend! I hope to drop my bike off tonight for her new tire. A small shop south of my hometown works on older Jap bikes. She quoted me $90 plus labour for a tire. She was in the process of telling me she had cheaper but we decided it wasn't worth the $10. The husband came out with a lot better one that cost $135. Says everyone wants to save the money and get the one I was about to. He gave this one to me for the same $90 instead. :thumbup: Plus, I don't have to wait another week. :thumbup::thumbup:

That's awesome, we need pics!

Rob, rest easy, my friend! I hope to drop my bike off tonight for her new tire. A small shop south of my hometown works on older Jap bikes. She quoted me $90 plus labour for a tire. She was in the process of telling me she had cheaper but we decided it wasn't worth the $10. The husband came out with a lot better one that cost $135. Says everyone wants to save the money and get the one I was about to. He gave this one to me for the same $90 instead. :thumbup: Plus, I don't have to wait another week. :thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup1: Mine is going in next week for a new set of tires as well. :thumbup1:

Well, I've lost the secret to posting photos. Here's a link to the one photo I have in Photobucket.

proxy.php

She's a 77 1/2 FLH police model. We took her out of mothballs and went right through her. Pistons, rings, etc. She was painted Cadillac Pearl White, with candy blue scalloping (old hot rodders know the term). The lettering is reflective. I took off the Boston light tree and installed strobe lites. We put in a mild street cam, so she had a nice rumble at the red lights at idle. I and my buddies did the wrenching untill I discovered there was a certified Harley mechanic working at the town barn.

Well, did it again the picture won't come up. Help!!

Last edited:
Well, I've lost the secret to posting photos. Here's a link to the one photo I have in Photobucket.

proxy.php

She's a 77 1/2 FLH police model. We took her out of mothballs and went right through her. Pistons, rings, etc. She was painted Cadillac Pearl White, with candy blue scalloping (old hot rodders know the term). The lettering is reflective. I took off the Boston light tree and installed strobe lites. We put in a mild street cam, so she had a nice rumble at the red lights at idle. I and my buddies did the wrenching untill I discovered there was a certified Harley mechanic working at the town barn.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1: BTW looks like you worked out the photo issue.

proxy.php

Sweet ride! :thumbup1:

Right now I'm between bikes, but I've had several bikes the last 12-13 years, my last one was a Suzuki V-Strom 650 which I sold last May cause of family extention.
Looking for a new bike now, thinking of a veteran Harley.

The last bike I owned, had to part ways with it in 09 after getting it to 173.5 SAE RWHP.

Just to many close calls and obscene speeds. I couldn't mount the bike without trying to acheive lift.

God I loved this machine.

proxy.php

Here's mine. It is a heavily modified Harley Davidson XL1200 Custom.

Custom paint job, Custom Bobtail rear fender, Lots of chrome add-ons, Nallin Racing engine, Thunderstorm heads, Forged pistons, crank,etc etc, Andrews N6 cams, Vance and Hines StraightShots custom exhaust(Loud!), Mikuni Carb, Screamin' Eagle intake, Screamin' Eagle Ignition Mod, Ape Hangers(18 inches of total rise), Chrome Flamed grips, Flamed shifter, Flamed footpegs, Chrome and Gold Flamed engine covers, Chrome Flamed license plate cover, Sundowner Seat, Security System. All stage two, some stage three. 95 Horses and ridiculously faaasssssttt!! It is #35 out of a total of 100 in existence.

I actually tried to make a Motorcycle riders group here at B&B, but it got no interest, so I figured nobody around here rides, so I deleted it.:bored:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

48 pan / 83 shovel. The pan was my grandpas and he wrecked it and it sat in his basement for years until I bought my 83 a couple years back and decided I was gonna re-buiild it. Him and my pops showed up at my place with it in the back of the truck and well lets just say..... My grandpa is my new favorite person. Rode it to my high school graduation in 06. It was a memorable ride thats for sure.

Here's mine. It is a heavily modified Harley Davidson XL1200 Custom.

Custom paint job, Custom Bobtail rear fender, Lots of chrome add-ons, Nallin Racing engine, Thunderstorm heads, Forged pistons, crank,etc etc, Andrews N6 cams, Vance and Hines StraightShots custom exhaust(Loud!), Mikuni Carb, Screamin' Eagle intake, Screamin' Eagle Ignition Mod, Ape Hangers(18 inches of total rise), Chrome Flamed grips, Flamed shifter, Flamed footpegs, Chrome and Gold Flamed engine covers, Chrome Flamed license plate cover, Sundowner Seat, Security System. All stage two, some stage three. 95 Horses and ridiculously faaasssssttt!! It is #35 out of a total of 100 in existence.

I actually tried to make a Motorcycle riders group here at B&B, but it got no interest, so I figured nobody around here rides, so I deleted it.:bored:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

:cool:

48 pan / 83 shovel. The pan was my grandpas and he wrecked it and it sat in his basement for years until I bought my 83 a couple years back and decided I was gonna re-buiild it. Him and my pops showed up at my place with it in the back of the truck and well lets just say..... My grandpa is my new favorite person. Rode it to my high school graduation in 06. It was a memorable ride thats for sure.

Very :001_cool:

Top Bottom